or Connect

Posts by brookely ash

Quote: Originally Posted by Canadianmommax3 I just feel bad for the kid sometimes because he isn't into sports like his brother and dad. So he is not involved with them as much gosh, thats got to be so hard for him. and for you to watch he's lucky to have a caring mama who wants to boost him up when he might be feeling down.
Quote: Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa LOL! Actually he (I decided it was a boy for some reason) started running across my monitor screen so I put him outside. I am sure he's much happier out there. I could have gone on bit...complaining about the dishes for awhile! I've got no idea what kind it was. Some garden variety garden spider I guess. Very crab looking. hee hee! maybe if you kept him in and complained long enough, he'd have...
my 5 yo still has cradel cap. we went to the naturopath for a check up today. i mentionted the cradle cap to her. i also mentioned that sometimes his finger nails peel back (Just the top layer, not the whole nail) and that he has chapped lips often and that he often has a LOT of earwax (but no ear infections) she said that it was all linked to a carb based diet. my ds is VERY PICKY. he eats carbs, dairy and fruit - most of which breaks down into sugar. this is one...
my dh is in a punk rock band, he practices one night a week, and has about 2 shows a month. he also works in a warehouse w/ about 70 men three nights a week, i work in the same warehouse, but in the office (cuz of course, women can't handle that manly type work called "labor" - talk about irony). we play video games together, and i kick his ass for the most part . we also go out together occasionally to check out a show or a dj. i think everyone needs time to...
Quote: Originally Posted by roxyrox Actually our nearest playground does have a concrete surface! Come on people. Riding in a grocery cart is really not that risky in the scheme of things. Do you ever take your children sledging? That could be risky too...biking? skiing, skating, skateboarding? Probably all these things area lot more risky than riding in your Moim's grocery cart! That second quote isn't mine though - I would never swear in front of...
Quote: Originally Posted by midstreammama They practically follow me around Trader Joes telling dd to sit down or be careful... oooh, that must be so frustrating to go grocery shopping ! unfortunately, though, they probably follow you areound, because they have seen first hand how horrible it is when a child falls out of a cart i have seen quite a few stores that have 5pt harnesses, as well as lower seats w/ lap belts in carts shaped...
it is dangerous, even if you are watching. almost all floors in grocery stores are concrete. sorry mama, i know its frustrating, and i think the checker should i talked to you directly. some people really dont have 'kid' skills.
oh mama, thats so much to deal with. i'm so very sorry that your dd is suffering through this. you and your family will be in my thoughts
thats GREAT news! on all counts. i hope the CT scan goes just as well.
yea, they wanted him up that long. he's 8, so maybe the age plays a difference? but his 5 yo brother stayed up too! we slept for 9 hours that day, got up, had dinner, and went back to bed. overall, it was so freaking tiring.