or Connect

Posts by Casual Storm

I know similiar news articles have been discussed here before, but here is a new one: http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/hea...cle1217831.ece "A study published last month calculated that if all men in sub-Saharan Africa were circumcised, it would prevent almost six million new cases of HIV infection and save three million lives over the next 20 years. Dr Feachem said the finding was one of the most significant in the battle against Aids and offered real hope of...
I recently separated and moved out. I am also a SAHM for my 4 yo ds. We also have alternative night custody, except weekends. For the first couple of weeks or so, my ds seemed to miss stbx more than me. He would cry for stbx and ask for him a lot. I empathized with him on the outside, but in the inside I did feel heartbroken, even though I knew he had every right to miss his dad and love him as much as he wanted to. At first I was worried it was because stbx does a lot...
I chose the good relationship, but I am in a fortunate situation where my stbx makes a good enough living that I will be financially ok regardless. I do believe some laywers try to stir the pot to run up the hours to a certain degree. My lawyer is also writing me a letter stating the legal advice I refused.
Thanks for everyone's advice and help! I really appreciate it.
Hi, My 4 yr old ds is really into board games now like Chutes and Ladders, Candyland, etc. However, he doesn't like to play unless he is sure he is going to win. He will make up rules that apply only to him (ie. doesn't have to go down slides in C&L, etc) so he will almost assure himself a win. If he does lose, he gets very upset, even though I don't make a big deal about it. I've told him that the point of the game is to just have fun and not to win, and by following...
I think I influenced my cousin-in-law about extended breastfeeding. I was the first in our family to breastfeed past a year...I lasted 25 months. Needless to say, I got quite a bit of slack for it! My CIL definitely thought I was a bit extreme, especially since I co-slept with ds too. When she finally had her baby, she was only going to bf her for "9 months or so." Well, now her dd is turning 2 in about a week and she is still bf! My CIL is very shy about it though. I'm...
I agree about the dh. I feel like my dh takes me as the "default" parent too much for granted. If I get distracted when we are both present with ds, I don't think for a second dh will intuitively take over -I always have to make it a point to ask for his help, and even then he seems too easily distracted on his watch, IMO. It is frustrating.
My 4 yo ds doesn't seem to be into boy stuff at all. He loves his play kitchen, Dora, "The Littlest Pet Shop" toys, etc. He likes gender neutral stuff also like puzzles, blocks, etc. He never had any interest in trucks, superheros, cars, etc. His favorite colors are yellow and pink. When he sees commericals on tv, he never comments on the boy toys, but always say he wants the girl toys. His best friend is a girl, but he is starting to play with a group of boys at...
Here are Material Safety Data sheets for various mattresses: http://www.foamorder.com/material_safety.html
Thanks for the responses -I feel better!