or Connect

Posts by incorrigible

Yahoo! I'm so happy for you!
I'm in a slightly different situation, as I'm on the spectrum myself. My daughter and I are diagnosed with High Functioning Autism, and my son with Asperger's. I never noticed anything, as I hadn't been diagnosed when the kids were born. When Crash was about 3, his doctor suggested testing and I told him he was nuts. Crash was just like me. Actually, my autism is more severe than his. I am sometimes nonverbal, for example. My daughter was obviously different from day one...
How big of a town are you in? Maybe La leche league has a local chapter that could help you find likeminded mamas. At the least, the nearest hospital should be able to refer you to a lactation consultant, and they are usually pretty plugged in to the local crunchy community. That's the best I can think of off the top of my head. Best of luck in your search.
How frustrating. Is there any way for you to find out who the other child is? Best of luck in your endeavor.
Oh! That's such an awesome age! I miss that age! Mine are 14 and 12 now. The balance is a little less fun and a little more handful at this age, but the oldest is coming out of it, so I have hope. Lol
Welcome to MDC! It sounds like you'll find a lot of like minded mamas here. How old are your kiddos?
I won't risk the liability of recommending for or against, but this is exactly what I did with both of my children. This kind of thing is a highly personal decision. If you do decide to go this route, I suggest posting in the finding your tribe board for your region. Be prepared to wait and possibly to travel a bit too. I think it took about 18 months for us to find pox in the Chicago area. Hopefully some folks here will have other resources, too. I know there are some...
I have a bit but I'm not much help with start-up info. I lived for about a year on a farm that had old hive boxes that had been unattended for years. An old friend helped me clean them up and upkeep them. It was an incredible experience for me and my kids. We are about to buy 10 acres and I'm looking forward to keeping bees again but it will probably be a few years.
How exciting! I hope he gets on board with it this time!
I'm sorry I haven't updated! Here's a pic of her wearing the beads that were in her Easter basket.