or Connect

Posts by steelmagnolia4

Use my snappi with all its legs with my soakers and it works just fine!
I am going to have a uniform stash this time if it kills me. We're getting ready to size up and I am hoping to have - 18 prefitteds - 12 to 18 Very Baby Very Basic AIOs - Lots of wool knitted by mama And thats IT ... I swear it. 5th child, 3rd CD baby. I just don't have the hyena in me at ALL anymore.
I just had a 10 lb 2 oz, 22 inch baby girl on the 5th of this month. I don't have that many different varieties of fitteds because I was trying to have a streamlined stash, but I do have Kissaluvs 0s, Diaper Babies Bitty Buns size smalls, NB Poochies, and prefitteds. Kissaluvs 0s - very stretchy in the all cotton fleece variety. We have several that are slightly different in pattern, I got mine all used so I have no idea how old they are and if pattern changes were...
My babe is 11 days old now and was 10 lbs 2 oz at birth. We've had a hard time getting a good system going for her because she is such a chunk - NB covers don't fit her well (try at all!) due to her fat waist and thighs, small covers weren't designed for a baby her size to still have an umbilical stump, so very frustrating. My favorite thing so far has been our Snappi'd prefitteds with a mama-made wool soaker or the NB Stacinator stretch wool cover. Those are all really...
I have been using prefitteds and wool with my 8 day old. I love how fast and easy it is to change at night with this method ... zippy! Howevah, I wouldn't be doing this if I were to be using "straight" prefolds. So far we've had no poop escapes because my girly tends to do little poopies instead of huge ones, but every now and then they poop sideways somehow and you just know that is what would happen to you at night while you can only keep one eye open to save your life!...
Thanks Stell, I emailed you back too Y'all are right... once I got started DOING, I could "see" that it was right. It was the trying to see it on paper thing that was killing me. I swear, I have to sit and visualize every project before I start it because otherwise I can't DO it!
I'm knitting an in the round newborn soaker. I had a hard time getting calculations but finally worked most of them out. Luckily the ones I couldn't figure out I can "see" as I work so I don't really need them as much. I'm now at the part where I am going to start the crotch separation. I knit the _ stitches, and now it says to knit _stitches to a dpn. I am sooooo confused. If I start those stitches on a dpn, won't the thing be crooked? What am I doing with the _...
I have a beautiful Stacinator stretch wool cover that I had planned on using on my new baby as her first cover (assuming she ever decides to be born LOL) but then I got to thinking that at the hospital they use the dye on the umbilical cord and I don't know if it will stain my covers permanently? Seems like I remember it coming out of clothing ok but I can't be sure if I'm recalling it correctly. I have enough Proraps that I could just use those in the first few days if...
Are you serious? :LOL Oh this is just the most fantastic idea to come down the pike since snap in doublers How 'bout y'all try less moderation and letting adults be adults.
Quote: Originally Posted by tuffykenwell I like variegated thread if the diaper is otherwise a plain or solid (or an almost solid like Holli's example). If there is any sort of print or multiple colours though I prefer a solid thread because otherwise it just makes my head hurt. Steph On natural colored fibers like prefolds or sherpa dipes I looooooooooove variegated JEANS STITCH. I don't care for the variegated wooly nylon.