or Connect

Posts by devilish_fetish

Are there any crunchy pediatricians south of the perimeter? We want one that is non-vax friendly, is knowledgeable about uncircumcised peni, and doesn't immediately jump to pharmaceuticals for every stubbed toe. We were hoping to find one in the Stockbridge/McDonough/Hampton/Locust Grove area, but we will travel further if need be. Thanks!
Spring 4th would be an AWESOME venue for you. It's right in midtown (on Spring and 4th). It's non-traditional and a really great space. Tisha
Thought I'd give a slightly different take on the foreign language discussion. My sons are 18 months old and they're both doing a foreign language. We're teaching them ASL (sign language). Since one of my sons is special needs, has some hearing loss and is non-verbal, and two of their friends are hearing impaired, we figured it was a GREAT second language that is 1) very useful and 2) they could begin using immediately. We first started learning just using videos off of...
I'm down in Barnesville. I've got 18 month old twins, one highly active and one special needs. Would love to get together with other crunchy moms!!! PM me if you want to plan something. I'd be willing to throw stuff at my house.
The doctor wants us to trach him so he can come off of high flow and come home because they can't send him to the floor on high flow. We've never had our questions answered as to why he's even on high flow, and they haven't tried him on cpap or a regular cannula, except for when they weaned him from 10 liters to 1/2 a liter in the course of about 4 hours. There's been no solid plan to wean him off the high flow or try anything else other than the trach. It's been like...
This is where it all started Now this doctor we saw tuesday and talked to today is saying that we either have to trach him or sign a dnr, that it HAS to be one or the other, and the doctor is saying that if we sign a dnr, they'll take him off of all oxygen and let him die. Since when does a dnr mean that you take them off of oxygen when they are breathing on their own anyway? It's utterly ridiculous. It's would be the same thing as putting a pillow over his face. ...
And what bugs me the most is that this was PLANNED to air back to back, because they are all on their way to disneyland for the bert's big adventure thing so the show wasn't live. That means that someone had to put them back to back (not sure if they originally aired that way or not and then purposely put it on the air. Wtf?! But I guess it's easier to see the hypocrisy when they're put back to back that way!
I am so mad I couldn't even wait until I got home, I'm having to post from my BLACKBERRY! The Bert Show today (on Q100) in the same segment talked about (positively mind you) women who flash their breasts to get free things like booze, vip passes, and free cable, and then talked bad about moms that don't cover up while nursing in public and "those lactivists that protest places and put nursing in everyones face". EXCUSE ME???!!! So it's okay to see breasts in public as...
It was pretty awful to do it in Clayton county. There was no packet here, and the person in charge kept giving me conflicting/different information as to what we actually needed to bring in (and wouldn't even book the appt until we physically had every piece together, even though she said that appts would be a few weeks away from the day you call to make it). I'll x-post some of what our experience was. "However, when I went to apply for the boys birth certificates,...
Quote: Originally Posted by tinyactsofcharity Oh my goodness me too, mama! I catch a lot of shit from people for "still" BFing my 6 month old. Not that I SHOULD wean but that I WILL wean "as soon as he gets a tooth!" Also that not giving him solids is silly and that he'll never eat food if I "coddle" him so much. Whatever! My parents talk down to me about vaccinations and car seat stuff and picking DS up quickly when he is upset. EVERYONE talks...