or Connect

Posts by JodiM

I don't post on this forum very much anymore (5 kids and a job can do that to you. lol) but this was so important, I wanted to post it here as well. I got into work this morning to a note about Bumbo seats. There is a warning out (although, surely most people already know that using this is common sense, but figured it was still worth posting) http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08046.html Quote: Serious Head Injuries Prompt Recall of Bumbo Baby...
I don't have anything to add to the wonderful advice given by the mama's already, but I did want to mention that if you're not giving him a quality food (one w/o a lot of fillers) he will poop a LOT. I was amazed at the difference in my girls when I switched to a good quality food.
DD1 *is* going to HS this year, so now I need to think about curriculum. (We were undecided as I just went back to work pt) I've been looking around for her, but not seriously because we had not made a decision yet. I think for the most part we'll be doing BJU, but I'm undecided in a few subjects. (handwriting/spelling/science) What are your kiddos using for curriculum this year?
I agree, I need the Oak Meadow Kindergarten and PreK too, and doubt it will get any notice on the ISO board.
We have tried a variety of foods, and are at Innova EVO small bites right now... not sure for how long though, as it's not readily available where we live. What are you feeding your dog/puppy?
We used Frontline Plus last time on our Golden's, and it didn't work very well. We live in a area where ticks are a big problem, and our next door neighbor keeps her dog chained up, right by my fence, and the poor thing is always covered in fleas. (She needs a good kick in her butt - but that's another thread ) Anyhoo, I need a good flea / tick preventer for our girl.. she is a long hair breed, so that isn't going to help at all. Any recommendations are...
We have a Havanese, and she is awesome. She is similar in look to shihtzu (although, my girl is much cuter ) but they have a much better temper. I would compare our Hav to a golden in a small body that doesn't shed.
This is a great thread. I'm going to join, but starting small- 150 by the end of this month. Hey, it's a start right!
Right now we own 1 Havanese puppy. My kids are known to bring strays home, but they normally only stay until we get them better or find a good home for them.
Is there a better age to microchip? (I know some get it done as young puppies, but is there a better age to do it?)