or Connect

Posts by mrs_hacky

Thanks for the advice all. I will take what I believe will help us most. I just need to make one additional comment here - I was going to put in my original post to "Please refrain from commenting on my choices of discipline, as the post is about another issue.", but I didn't because I felt that the people who use these Boards can differentiate the issues. I am sorry I didn't now, because most of the replies seem to address my choices of discipline. If I had questions...
Hello All! I am at my wits end with my 3 yr old DS (he'll be 4 in August). In the last month or so, he has begun to poop and pee in his pants! He has been potty trained for almost a year, with very few accidents. I have pretty much ruled out that these recent incidents are accidents. 99% of them have occurred at home - during the normal course of our day. Has anyone else experienced this? Was it just a phase? Was there something physically wrong? If so, what...
Hello All! I have read discipline books by Dr. Sears, Barbara Coloroso, Natural Family Living, etc. as well as the Biblical Parenting book. They all have great tibits of wisdom. But I have to say that the most helpful information I have tapped into lately is listening to Dr. Ray Guarendi on the radio, through his tapes and reading his books. Why? Because I feel he has addressed what I believe to be a major framework issue of parenting - do we as parents have the...
Hello All! Dd, almost 21 months old, reacted to asian beetle/ladybugs (we just call them ladybugs) this past weekend. She has not had a problem with them before now. We went away for an overnite with the kids this past weekend, to a place she has been before just last Fall. The last time we were there, there were 1000's of ladybugs inside the place. Not a problem. We had a hanful in our home thorughout the Fall - not a problem. This past weekend, a couple hundred...
Oops, I forgot to mention www.mytoybox.com I did a search for Thomas TRain stuff through Google, and found several sites, including mytoybox.com and trainsgalore.com and thetraincellar.com(check for the correct address here - I do not recall if I have it right) Last Fall, mytoyox.com had the best prices on Thomas stuff.
I agree eBay seems to be the best for cheap Thomas sets. we got ds (3 yr. old) the Roundhouse Set for $300 (incl. shipping) on an eBay auction last Fall for a Christmas gift. Ds started out with the Thomas Take Alongs from Target - they are smaller, metal trains with magnets on the ends. They are tagged as trains for "toddlers" but they don't have much track. Only a couple of playsets, and a playmat. Dd got the Take Along Roundhouse playset for Christmas. Now they...
Hello All! Thanks again for the responses and support! I decided to night wean, and began WEd., Oct. 29th. By night 4, dd woke up, cried for about 30 seconds, then went back to sleep. She hasn't woken up again since! I FEEL GREAT! A few solid nights of sleep - consecutively - has worked wonders on me. Dd has increased day nursing a bit, but Inow feel like I can deal with that longer, rather then wanting it all to end now. I explained my process in another...
Hello! My ds weaned himself during the night first, then stopped nursing to sleep at night (only me holding him and rocking himself a bit), and then not that either. He day weaned at 17 1/2 months. I put out a thread a week or so ago about my issues similar to yours, except dd does not nurse as much as your ds does during the day. Dd is 18 months & was waking up at least once a night usually twice to nurse. Yet my observation was that she wasn't "hungry" by the...
I am trying not to compare dd with ds(who weaned himself - well mostly himself cuz I was 7-8 months pregnant and nursing was very uncomfortable for me, but he had also cut down himself, and had night-weaned many months previous). I think ds just spoiled me for the most part, and I am just not prepared to deal with dd. I am guessing that if dd had been born first, I wouldn't be having the same issues because I worked really hard at not having too many expectations on how...
And this is ALWAYS the best place to come for it! My dd is 18 mo., and remains a good nurser - like several times a day, as well as at least once, usually twice at night. My body is screaming for solid night sleep, yet my heart and mind say "You believe in meeting your child's needs." Dd has slowly begun having nights where she doesn't wake up, or wakes up once, and after 6-7 hours of sleep. Praise God! The difference in my attitude and how I feel on these nights...