or Connect

Posts by onemoremom

I might be a little late to jump in, but I'll tell you what I did with my Dec. B-day son who was, IMO, not ready (his dad and I split up, there were moves, etc..very emotional changes at the time) for school the first year he qualified age-wise for kindergarten. He was homeschooled that year (very informal....it was better emotionally for him, and schedule-wise within the family it just worked much better). But I wouldn't call it redshirting, because I didn't put him into...
Quote: Originally Posted by rere Your butt looking good is way more important than boot placement. Exactly. I think if you *want* to tuck the jeans into boots, just make sure the boots are tall enough to cover the fact that they aren't 'skinny'. Most bootcut jeans are pretty formfitting at the top. It could be a good way to test the look and see if you want to go spending money on it. I see bootcut as a classic jean that doesn't really go out...
Try not to feel bad. Lots of us have learned the hard way to never ever do anything (like, you know, be awake) without the house key/car key/both firmly secured to our person.
Secure the tree to the wall or ceiling so you're not stressed about having it fall over, and put the breakable ornaments up high out of her reach. That's the only way I've ever seen it done with little kids The tree gets secured with some kind of fishing line and hooks or something (wise in a house with cats anyway!) and the top half of the tree gets the breakable, sentimental ornaments while the lower half gets the little stuffed animals, cardboard, non-dangerous...
I figured it out not quite that young, but much younger than my mother was ready for. I kind of played along for a few years, having no real reason to announce that I knew what was up I can't say that I ever felt 'lied to' about it. I do remember it being frustrating that my mom didn't seem to understand the kind of person I was, the way I saw things, etc.... but that was due to our particular relationship and not wanting me to ever grow up (she misses the 'magic of...
Thought I'd add, we do the reindeer food outside too. Ours is glittery and is intended not so much to be a snack (though who knows, maybe they nibble!) but it helps them see where we are. Like a magical landing strip
Does Santa have a wrapping paper different from the rest? Yes. Nothing particular, but different from the rest. Now that DS is older it'll likely be something he loves that he knows mom doesn't like. Maybe Spongebob Does he have printed cards for the children? He occasionally leaves a thank-you note for the cookies or similar. Done on whatever construction paper and crayon/marker of DS's that is handy. In some homes I know of, Santa (also the easter bunny etc..)...
I liked the first two, but I think #1 would be the best purchase. Much more versatile IMHO, could go just about anywhere that you wanted something dressy. Since you say you want something useful for other times too and also don't shop very much for yourself I think it would be a very flattering (on almost anyone, I love that shape for a dress) and a practical piece to own. The second is very pretty but I find anything lacy or pattern-y can get dated quickly, or else I...
Stocking stuffers don't get wrapped here. DS is free to dump his stocking and check out the goodies as early as he pleases on Christmas morning. He can eat the food (chocolates, nuts, etc..), play with the little toys, etc.. (he's also free to try out the cool new spiderman toothpaste and try on the socks, but I don't anticipate that so much ) Basically stockings, along with any gifts that aren't wrapped (sometimes one or two) are free for him to check out and enjoy...
At my sons birth (6 years ago in a southern NH hospital) room sharing was assumed, bed sharing was never commented on, and all the nurses who worked with new moms had at least some training in lactation. They helped me get into a side-lying position so I could rest more while he ate. In the paperwork in the room, one sheet was instructions on how to bedshare safely while in the hospital (rails up, etc..). Another was basic instructions on how to use a sling (and informed...