or Connect

Posts by vagabonder

I know this is old but just now saw it and wanted to reply. By any chance do you have an iud or on other birth control? They can definitely cause this.
I'm not sure if bullying is the right term for what my daughter is doing, but it very much feels that way to me and is leaving me very anxious and unsure of how to deal with her.  My oldest is almost 5 yo dd.  She has a brother that just turned 3.  Whenever she sees her brother playing with something, she automatically wants it.  She comes over, asks him for it, and if he says "No," will nag and nag him "When is it my turn?"  "Can I have it now?"  I have told her that...
I'm a single mom, divorced from my kids' father for a couple of years.  I've been dating a guy for 7 months or so now. We were childhood friends, lost contact and then after both going through divorces, made contact again and fell in love. Although we don't live close, we are able to fly and see each other every other weekend. Over the last few months, I have more and more been realizing that it is not working out for so many reasons. He has completely changed himself...
I am so desperate for a good nights sleep, I could really use some suggestions.  I have an almost 4 yo dd (will be 4 in December) and a 22 mo. old son.  I am also a single mom and co-sleep with both kids.  Ds used to be a fairly good sleeper, but over the last few months he has started nursing a lot at night.  He'll sleep fairly soundly until around 2:30, at which point he wants to nurse just about every hour and for 20+ minutes at a time.  I am no longer able to sleep...
Thanks for your reply.  After thinking more about it, it feels off to me because I want the teacher to be a neutral party.  She is my dds teacher and will someday be my ds's teacher as well.  Having playdates with only their dad, she is likely to develop a bias towards him and I would rather her just be neutral, especially because right now we are disputing custody rights.  I also get worried about how my son will view the relationships as the teacher will be known as...
Ex and I have been separated for about 5 months.  We have an almost 3 year old dd and an 11 month old ds.  Dd has been going to montessori school for the past year and we have really liked her teacher.  Her teacher had a daughter around the same time that ds was born and before school got out last summer (and before ex and I split), she said she would call me over the summer so we could have a playdate with her dd and ds.  Then it turns out, she ended up having a...
DH and I are going to be separating soon and I am worried about sleep issues. I have a 5 mo. old ds who is fortunately a pretty good sleeper and sleeps in bed with me, but often likes to be rocked to sleep. I also have a 2 1/2 dd who coslept with both stbx and me until a few months ago, at which point she moved to her own room but cosleeps with stbx now. She often takes a half hour to hour to fall asleep and needs someone there with her to fall asleep. I will be having...
I have a 2 1/2 dd who gets very upset when adults talk down to her in a childish manner. For example, when they say things like, "DD, you are so smart" or "DD, you know such big words!" I think a lot of it is the tone which is hard to describe, but not a way you would talk to an adult. I can see why it would be annoying to her, but I'm not sure how to direct her on how to respond to these adults. Currently she will yell "No!" at them and then if they continue to use...
STBX and I are still living together and planning to separate soon. It's his choice...not sure if he is thinking divorce or just trial separation at this point. We are living together amicably for the most part, however, discussing child custody is starting to lead to some very heated arguments. My attorney hasn't had much to offer on this (guess I need to start looking for a new attorney). How do you come to agree on something like this if you both have just...
I have a 28 month old and 4 month old. Dh has been going through some tough times and through it all has decided that he doesn't have feelings for me and wants to separate. I am consulting with an attorney who forwarded me recommended guidelines for custody for such young kids. They pretty much recommend a 50/50 split. I really want what is best for the kids, but I did not ask for this divorce. I want to stay and support DH and try to work things out (despite him...