or Connect

Posts by vagabonder

It is probably fine! Not every baby is in a hurry to grow up. If you are really concerned, though, there is a nation-wide program called Early Intervention that can do an evaluation on your baby. They regularly take families into their program with babies born early. The evaluation is free and if you go into the program it is on a sliding scale free. You get free advice from all types of experts. You can do a search online for your own state program or ask your ped.
We have been signing some basic things to 7 month old dd for the past month or so. I think she is starting to try to sign milk back. : Of course, sometimes it is hard to tell if she is just waving her arm up and down at this point, but a lot of the times she genuinely seems interested in eating when she does it. There have been a few times, however, where she appears to be signing milk but we are not in a place where I can just offer it (such as driving on the...
We have these as well. I've been asking around a lot locally and no one has ever seen anyone babyproof these. The only ideas I've gotten is to try to put furniture in front of them or more interesting toys out. The people I've asked seem to think baby can't really hurt herself on them and to just watch out for objects placed in there. I'd be interested in hearing some ideas as well.
So far dd hasn't taken to a lovey, but I'm really trying to encourage one. I prefer something all cotton, even better yet organic. Any blankets? Stuffed animals that your LO has taken to?
We have been using cds since dd was born and love them. However, we are in the process of starting her on solid foods. She usually has some solid food 4-5 days a week, once a day for now. How soon in starting solids do you have to begin dunking/spraying the poopy diapers? I've noticed things seem to be getting richer and creamier. The smell was so intense, though, that it was too much for me to try rinsing so I just threw them in the pail with the rest. How do I...
I hear you! My 7 mo. old is also crawling and into everything. One thing that has worked well for us is we have a box that we fill with random objects - some toys (soft or wooden), kitchen utensils (wooden spoons, silicone pastry brush, metal cup measurers, etc.), some musical toy instruments, a ball, a badminton raquet, board books, etc. She can spend a good hour just going through it, usually settling on a few objects she particularly likes. The other thing is to...
I didn't like mine at first either. It was really hard for me to get her in and out after I ended up with a c-section. In the end I just preferred to have her next to me in bed. However, it has turned out to be a lifesaver with us for naps when I am not around. DH and our sitters have been able to get her to sleep in it very easily. Not sure if they would have the same success with a conventional crib since she prefers to fall asleep nursing?
We had a new sitter finally start this week so I could get some work done (I work from home). She is coming for 2 days a week, 7 hours a day. Dd, how is almost 7 months now, decided this is the week to develop both stranger and separation anxiety. It all started on Monday, the day the new sitter started. I ended up spending most of both days comforting dd. I even had them play in the same room as I was in, but she would only play a few moments, then would look around...
I am in the process of trying to convert all our usage to the most natural / fewest harmful chemicals. I've been using the cosmetic database as a guide and have been alarmed at the chemicals in a lot of products that brand themselves as natural. The problem I run into is balancing the best products with those I can buy locally. I prefer not to order online because of the gas usage, boxing, etc. So, that leaves Whole Foods where we already shop. Which products...
Interesting all the husbands that despise TTO! I hear it raved on so much hear that I thought it was the end all, be all. I've mostly been using it for pimples, trying to reduce the cloth diaper odors in the diaper pail and was planning to use it as a disinfectant until I got the no on that. Any ideas for good alternatives then? It sounds like grapeseed extract for a disinfectant?