or Connect

Posts by Catwmandu

Hi all,   My son is 4 years next month. While I've been commited to CLW and in all honesty even he admits there is no milk ... he is still comfort nursing - rare, nursing upon waking and before bed.   I'm due with #3 in January and I'm just looking for advice on what people saw when their child weaned on their own during a pregnancy. Was there resentment towards the next baby as a result? Did it just trickle off and on until it stopped?   Some mornings and...
Thank you. Money isn't really isn't the main pro vs con but re-reading my post it can look as such.   The vast experience vs birthing in my home is. I can't verbalise on the absolute peace I felt meeting with the midwife who I'd have to travel to birth with. It was more pronounced than the one who would come to me. They were both fine though and given that my husband didn't meet with them (he was with the kids) I've got no input but my own and am having a tough time...
Thanks SweetSilver. I like that and my hubby would too. A LOT. A way to play and incorporate silliness into it.
Interesting - we need to learn how to budget and stick to it. We are strapped at most times with my husband being a SAHD and number 3 being on the way.
I am in! Great idea!
We use (and I say use sparingly due to costs / lack of visit need) Dr. Deborah Ginsburg http://www.healing-oceans-family-wellness-center.com/   She is great but out of network.   I've also heard that some people use Stockton Family Practice.   HTH
I've gotten better about reading things anyway and just having the talk with my children about why said story / POV is wrong or outdated.   Just last night my 5 yeay old was reading Little House and the mom in the book was eating something for supper because "mama would never think to upset a stranger". My daughter and I immediately stopped and I looked at her and we talked about how old fashioned that thinking was. That to make yourself miserable at the expense of...
Subscribing. I'm really trying to find a good blend of not lying / fibbing with the kids but allowing them some magic in their childhood. My childhood was pretty crappy with fighting, divorce among other really unpleasant stuff but I did have the magic of Christmas, etc and for me that was pretty important.   My kids luckily have a pretty pleasant childhood and in all honestly they create enough magic on their own but no ones lost a tooth yet and I'd like to see how...
Hi all,   We're still in the process of choosing providers - I've even toyed with UC. My first two were c-sections. 1st with an OB practice that had midwives. The midwives struggled to understand why I was with the OBs when I desired a natural birth. I didn't truly realize how important that was to me until around 7 months in after tons of ultrasounds and bedrest for low fluid. I was afraid to go against the grain and ruffle feathers by switching over to the midwife...
I'm having a hard time choosing between two providers and wanted to see if anyone had any insight to offer.   I'm seeking a HBA2C (only one of the options is an actually home birth though). HBA2C is not legal here (for a MW to attend) - and even for a truly supported VBA2C I'd have to travel up to and over an hour.   Lots of legwork has gotten me:   A provider who is about 2 hours away. She has a ton (understatement) of experience with all sorts of births....