or Connect

Posts by Port Orchard CBE

Olalla, Not too far from the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. The midwife lives on a small farm there in the Valley. You can find her contact info on MAWS and I bet she'd agree to do just the standard check on you that you're asking. She's pretty laid back that way. Very traditional and "with women" type midwife. I love the differences in the area midwives, though. We have lots of types and there are as many different types of mamas so they all find what they need. : Kendra...
I'm sure you are plenty clean! If you ever want to chat, give me a call. You can find my contact info by doing a google search on Kendra Machen. Lots of times mamas come in just to meet the midwife and then fall in love with the idea of a homebirth after seeing how it all works. I've done two in hospital, one birth center and two at home. I'd never leave home to birth again if I could help it! : Good luck to you on your search. No matter which path you decide, I...
Rachel, If it were me, I'd look on the MAWS website and try from the list there. Surely there's someone. If you truly only need a one time check for peace of mind and wouldn't mind driving about 40min, you could always come by and see us at Olalla Valley Midwives in Olalla. bLLLessings, Kendra:
some connections? Hope something fabulous worked out for you. Kendra in Port Orchard :
Have you contacted Olalla Valley Midwives? That might be an option for you if you aren't opposed to birthing at home. Mif Decker Carlson has been catching homebirth babies for 30 years. Very laid back and practices the "with woman" traditional way. Kendra in Port Orchard Oh, Poplar Heights is not going to be opening at all, at this point. The owners are checking out other options.
I wear Khaki Pants and a 100% cotton top which matches whichever Season for style. Heavier in Winter and lighter in Summer. I also am an apprentice and work the weekly prenatal clinic and all births. No blue jeans and no tops that are going to show my bare back or tummy while I'm bending/stooping at a birth. Like I would EVER do that in the first place, I'm heavy so nothing cute about my tummy. Nothing low cut so when I bend over, nobody gets the show. LOL! None of my...
Same here. Though it's not ideal, there have been several instances where we've had a family transfer care to us because of a move (we're in a military area). We've also had women transfer because they had "issues" with their current provider. I think the most important part is to have your chart showing a pattern of consistent prenatal care w/o things that would risk you out of homebirth/midwife catch per the laws of your particular state. Kendra in Port Orchard :
How beautiful and moving! I cried for you. This is absolutely one of my favorites and I'll be sharing the link with families considering homebirth. Thank you for posting! Kendra in Port Orchard
The owners of the new birth center in Port Orchard are having some issues with zoning. If you have time and believe there is a need for this sort of thing, please read this information. ******************************* Hi Kendra! I heard that people are getting the notices. I am attempting to have a change of use started with the city, for the downstairs, which will allow us to hold classes only. I am appealing the city’s decision, due to their flagrant disregard to...
The owners of the new birth center in Port Orchard are having some issues with zoning. If you have time and believe there is a need for this sort of thing, please read this information. ******************************* Hi Kendra! I heard that people are getting the notices. I am attempting to have a change of use started with the city, for the downstairs, which will allow us to hold classes only. I am appealing the city’s decision, due to their flagrant disregard to...