or Connect

Posts by Charles Baudelaire

The jeans are only barely acceptable on casual Fridays and not at all if it's the school policy to have no jeans. The flipflops and tank top are REALLY not acceptable ever. I'd really be curious to see the school's policy on acceptable dress for teachers. Quote: Originally Posted by AbigailsMomSarah I'm not posting in the learning at school section because I don't really want this to be about the kids, or about learning What do you consider...
Thanks again!! Quote: Originally Posted by paisley Just remembered - Airwalk does a Crocs knock off but they are not nearly as squishy, so do shell out the whole $30 for the real thing. I got my first pair last year and on the very first day I wore them, they ended up becoming MIL's! I had to go home barefoot! She has bone spurs off her heel and they are the *only* shoes she can wear. I hope they work for you! ETA - Also check...
Quote: Originally Posted by paisley Have you tried Crocs? Ugly but so cushy. They look comfy -- and at this point, I don't even CARE about ugly.
Does anyone have any shoe suggestions??? I have a really high arch. I tried Earth Shoes and they were about the most painful things I've ever worn in my entire life. I'm dyin' here and I'm only in my 6th month. Anyone have any suggestions? Birkenstocks are WAY too expensive.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cutie Patootie Why is it that some people here are positively shocked and apalled when someone posts their beliefs? Just because you don't believe what someone else believes doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful. I mean, isn't that exactly what it is and why it is called that...a belief? I don't get it....what exactly do people think beliefs are anyway? Is it not something you wholeheartedly believe for yourself...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cloth4Colin Now that you are a parent, looking back at being spanked as a form of discipline as a child, do you understand where your parents were coming from (ie "doing it because they loved you") or does it make you even more against the act? I've read that children who were spanked are overwhelmingly more likely to spank their own children. However, I'm not seeing it. To me, being spanked the way I was, made me...
Quote: Originally Posted by Salvia I'm working on my master's degree, but I didn't take any classes this summer. Yippee, me thinks, a great opportunity to read! (Kids? what kids?) Anyway, it all started when my mil gave me The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory. Than I also read The Queen's Fool and The Virgin's Lover by Ms. Gregory. Then I moved on to Virgin and The Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn by Robin Maxwell. There was another book in the...
It's not valid if it's done after the three-minute window. And yeah, I've had faint positives after the three-minute window that turned out to be ultimately nothing -- a blighted ovum, in one case. I'm not sure this is an evaporation line, but I would definitely wait several days and test again. Oh, and the dollar store PG tests are actually pretty good -- 25mIU/ml testing level.
Ha. If it caused ovulation, then theoretically, many of us would be ovulating twenty times a month and our ovaries would look like shrivelled raisins within a year.
Quote: Originally Posted by kama'aina mama I have a yucky feeling about this. In some utopian parallel universe it might be interesting but here I think it will just be ugly. Yep. Haven't we had enough contests where basically racial superiority (and inferiority) were at stake? Man, I thought that thinking went out of style right around the time Schmeling lost to Louis or Owens took the medal in '33.