or Connect

Posts by Charles Baudelaire

Quote: Originally Posted by LindaCl :Puke Bridges of Madison County. Bleah. The most transparently ego-projection puke from a mid-life-crisis writer I've ever read in my life. Imagine "Love Story", only set in the mid-west, with the same level of pathetic self-seriousness. In this one the "love of his life" doesn't die, she "sacrifices true love" in order not to rip her husband's heart out of his chest and leave him to bleed over her betrayal. How...
Quote: Originally Posted by mahdokht I don't understand how you and CB think you have to be with your child 24/7 in order to have a strong attachment. Um, here's what I actually said: "I find this issue a problematic one also. I believe that there are many working parents who move heaven and earth to make those hours count because being a good parent is a crucial priority for them, but in many cases (most, in my experience, but I...
Quote: Originally Posted by melissabb As a home daycare provider I can only say that I think that the NON-AP attitude probably come as a result of parents who use daycare as a reason to not have to spend time with their kids. Now, don't flog me here...I am only telling you what I see sometimes. I have many parents who have to work to keep a roof over their heads. They bring their children to my home and only leave them for the minimum amount of...
Quote: Originally Posted by LeftField Still, some of the most obnoxious and disruptive behavior I've seen in public has been from adults. No one calls them "brats". I will!!! They're brats! Naaah, they're worse, actually. They're boors. Cretins. Miscreants.
Can we hear from the OP??? What's going on???
Quote: Originally Posted by onlyzombiecat Some parents really do make an effort to be considerate of others though. It is unfair to be negative toward all children before any rowdy behavior happens with that particular child. It is very much like deciding all people of a certain race are criminals and treating them suspiciously when they walk into a store for no other reason than their race. Yes, but let me point out that the restaurants in...
Quote: Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog You know, the stay at home moms of the postwar era definitely had a better attachment to their children than working moms today. I mean, it's not like they're the mother-in-laws in all these horror stories people tell about MIL saying the baby needs to be left outside in the cold to cry it out for 3 hours a day or they'll grow up to be a sissy. I mean, how could that be? Women who stayed at home fulltime and...
Quote: Originally Posted by boongirl For me, attachment parenting is all about connecting with my child. I literally don't understand how someone can have a deep attachment to children they only see awake for a few hours each day.. I find this issue a problematic one also. I believe that there are many working parents who move heaven and earth to make those hours count because being a good parent is a crucial priority for them, but in many...
Quote: Originally Posted by sadie_sabot thank you, Mahdokht. I think there's this underlying assumption that once a woman becomes a mother, nothing else about her matters anymore, or is worth keeping. There is the underlying assumption that a woman cannot work and be a good mother. that if a woman has to work her kid WILL suffer. I don't buy it. kids suffer when their parents aren't thoughtful about them and their needs. I get so irked about...
Quote: Originally Posted by sadie_sabot there is something that irks me about the idea that putting kids in daycare is ok for the poor but not the better off. There is a vast difference between "having no choice" and "being okay." The poor have no choice. If money buys anything, it buys choices the poor don't have, such as the choice of whether or not to stay home or work, or the choice of whether to send your child to daycare. It's not that...