or Connect

Posts by Charles Baudelaire

* Donning flame-retardant suit for the mommy battle that makes the Hezballah/Israeli conflict look like a thumb war...* Yeah. Yeah, bottom line, I think it's not AP. Here's why: Just for the record before the flamers start firing up, I am notreferring to parents whose economic or personal situations basically require that they send their child to daycare. Those would include things like, "I'm a single parent who's not independently wealthy," or, "I have such...
Quote: Originally Posted by LizaBear I swear it seems like every time I turn around today my belly is rock hard and tight - uncomfortable even. I've had lots of early bh ctx with each pregnancy - I start noticing them by about 9 or 10 weeks. But how often is 'normal' for you ? Whenever I'm tired, need to pee, or am a little dehydrated. Drowning the contractions by drinking tons of water realllllly helps.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiercemama I get PO'ed when I see stuff like this. Its discrimination based on age. Can you imagine if the signs said "no one over the age of 65 permitted". Or just replace "children" with race. Okay, would some folks please get *off* the high horses before y'all get a nosebleed, okay?? That said, this is absolutely not age-based discrimination; it is behavior-based discrimination. Rest assured that if an...
Quote: Originally Posted by Daisie125 When my MIL talks about being pregnant, she will say "When I was pregnant for DS" when I talk about it I always say "When I was pregnant with DS. What do you say? Why? The pregnant "for" irritates the crap out of me I'm sure it's just because I'm not used to it. Uh, being a surrogate mom, the only "pregnant for" I can think of would be as in, "I am pregnant for M and A, the baby's parents."
Quote: Originally Posted by aran Actually, force equals mass times acceleration I know. I simplified for Grandpa's sake. You're right about the math, though. Damn preggo English teacher brain.
Quote: Originally Posted by TripMom 3. Grandpa is not malicious. I think he was thoughtless . . . and then it dawned on him . . . and he sort of panic'd and went the "This is a secret between you and me DS .. . we wont tell mommy" route. STUPID - but not nepharious. BUT, still needs correcting. It doesn't matter if he was thoughtless or nefarious. Either one could have had the same result. Here are some examples you can feel free...
Quote: Originally Posted by TripMom I am fuming right now. Yesterday, while taking DS to preschool - DS told DH out of the blue "Grandma drive with me in the front seat of the car and told me not to tell mom". : Here is the info. We live in SoCal. My parents live in Midwest - small rural commmunity on golf course. DS is only grandchild. My parents adore him. We take him to visit often - 2 to 3x year. My parents really wanted an "alone"...
I've had one. "My First Shower" was painfully, excruciatingly familiar to me. She's taken horror and made it oddly beautiful because of the horror, and more horrifying because of the beauty. In so many ways -- not style, but in attitude -- she reminds me of my favorite painter, Frida Kahlo.
Quote: Originally Posted by maxmama Being overweight is a risk factor for GDM; it doesn't cause it. I see a lot of normal-weight moms who exercise, with no family history of DM, who do end up with GDM. It's partly why I think screening for GDM is reasonable. Uncontrolled GDM in pregnancy is appropriately treated with meds if diet isn't working. Sugar is rarely the issue for GDM moms; a lot will spike their sugars with breakfast cereal, milk...
Quote: Originally Posted by chellemarie Yesterday, I spotted the dusty copy of She's Come Undone on my headboard and thought how gratifying it would to shred it by hand. Tossing it on the fire might work too. If I can dance around it chanting and flailing and stuff. I *hate* that book. Chant and flail away...I felt similarly about The Lovely Bones.