or Connect

Posts by Charles Baudelaire

Quote: Originally Posted by tooticky I understand that there are risks with eating unpasteurized dairy products while pregnant, and have read the list of things you are theoretically supposed to avoid. Just a bit confused about the recommendation to avoid soft cheeses (such as feta, brie, etc). Should you still avoid them if they have been made using pasteurized milk? TIA... Erin Yeah, that's my question too!!! If so, why the BS...
Quote: Originally Posted by binxsmom i have crazy mixed feelings about big ole suvs. a part of me really wants one. i yard sale weekly and sometimes buy large items which are difficult to fit in my car (especially with 2 kids). i am an avid gardener and am always hauling plants or mulch. our family lives out of town and we travel frequently; our car is just crammed full and sometimes we cant take everything we would like. i would love to carpool my...
Quote: How should my conversation go? I want to be snarky so bad and tell her that I don't appreciate her embarassing my dd about the 911 thing! Tell me how should I approach her about this? What should I say? HOMESCHOOL. And if this is not feasible, immediately inform the principal and make a few things clear: 1. That unless she is reprimanded and a letter is put into her personnel file, you will be contacting the district...
Quote: Originally Posted by 7kiddosmom I took her off gaurd and she probably thought I was a freak, but how come the teachers are so much more important than the kids. Did the kids get up every morning, make it to school, sit in a classroom for 8 hours a day, etc. They deserve a treat too. Kasey Well, let's see. I'm a teacher. Here's how I spent my summer. Unless otherwise specified, all of these activities were...
None here!
Quote: Originally Posted by tempestjewel Ok, so I'm thinking "no surprises"??? What on earth is that supposed to mean? If this really was a genuine question and not a rhetorical one, he means "no detectable birth defects." Your baby sounds FINE. He's probably playing it safe, hon.
Quote: Originally Posted by Venice Mamacita I am a shrink, and there is no "sociopath" diagnosis for a child in the DSM-IV(TR). It's called "conduct disorder" (it's mentioned earlier in this thread) and morphs into other diagnoses once a child reaches 18-ish. No, but "sociopath" is generally better known than "conduct disorder" or "antisocial personality disorder," which is why I used that term, but linked to the relevant content in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by MyCalling Well, I did it. At first they said they might not do anything since he is so young. The worker still wasn't certain what they would do but was concerned that the mother wasn't even making him acknowledge what he did was wrong. She was also worried about the previous sexual acting out and hurting children without remorse. We'll see what they do. My husband and I have decided to pretend we're cool with things...
DO NOT LET YOUR SONS BE NEAR THIS CHILD EVER. NOT EVER. FOR ANY REASON. Listen, I'm not a psychologist. I'm an English teacher, actually, but in the study of characters in literature, I've done a decent amount of research into sociopathy as defined in the DSM-IV. See link.I'm also one of those people who likes criminology as a hobby, so please take what I'm going to say with the appropriate grains of salt now that you know my résumé. From your description,...
Quote: Originally Posted by lckrause I agree with Roar--I wasn't getting that she wouldn't love or be able to parent a child who wasn't gifted. It seems more like she is questioning her own expectations, which I see as a good thing. Her post might make more sense if you read her other posts--she's been absolutely surrounded by incredibly highly gifted family members her whole life, and often struggles with identifying what's "normal" and "average" and...