or Connect

Posts by Charles Baudelaire

Quote: Originally Posted by tammyw I thought I heard that some states give homeschoolers some amount of money to pay for certain supplies. Is this true? And what are the amounts for each state if so? Two words: HONEY TRAP. A useful cliché: He who pays the piper, calls the tune.
Quote: Originally Posted by staceyshoe I am curious whether anyone else has experienced this and what caused it. I still haven't talked with a dr who has treated someone else with this symptom. A few yrs ago, I seemed to lose my ability to either suntan or sunburn. I have a very fair Irish complexion and could spend all day in the sun without any coloring of my skin (this was not true as a child/teen/early 20 something). When we went to Hawaii on...
I've altered things in red. Suggestion: please stop using "thing." Quote: Originally Posted by LeftField "Dear Dad, I keep thinking about some of our discussions in recent days regarding homeschooling and I find that I cannot get them out of my head. After I sent a detailed update with information on one of our typical homeschooling days, you then asked, “What about the 3 R’s?”, I admit that I felt defensive. It’s very obvious that you care very...
Quote: Originally Posted by heartmama . I particularly like the part about how black people don't read to their kids. What a tidy explaination of the lower scores. Don't blame the test. It's objective. Translate: If you black people were better parents your kids would do better on the IQ test. Better, of course, meaning more like....what race of people? You know, those people who DO read to their kids? First of all, I don't believe she was...
Quote: Originally Posted by rubber_duckie A FFing mom traveling on business without her child would have no NEED to carry liquid formula in an aircraft cabin. A BFing mom who's pumped milk may very well have such a need to carry expressed milk with her, even if her child is not present to consume it on the flight. Really? Why? Why can't she check it with her baggage? The only situation I see where that's even possible is if she...
Quote: Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae ITA I'm honestly shocked at how negative everyone perceives this show. I always thought this was way better than the hitting and yelling that so many people have used before. I actually am happy to see someone saying that it's not ok to hit, yell, and fight with your kids. And, we all have to remember that most of these children came from a time of NO discipline. Sometimes to get something through to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Selesai This is just plain unfair, don't you think? Breastfeeding mothers DO travel, and they likely travel all types of distances. What about the working mother who is being sent from, say, the West Coast to the East Coast for business? She can't drive. She has to go. And even if she could drive those few days, or a shorter distance for a shorter trip, would her employer find that acceptable? Listen, several of you...
Quote: Originally Posted by moonfirefaery It is true that someone could indeed pretend to be a BFing mom, but someone who truly does BF could also sacrifice herself and her child. It happens. We are not fighting enemies that fear death, self-sacrifice, or even the sacrifice of children for their cause. We've got to allow breastmilk, formula, and medicines and the like. A terrorist who needs a medical prescription could be carrying liquid exposives. A...
Quote: Originally Posted by maya44 This is not classism. It's a simple fact that if you read and buy into the mainstream media you are more likely to hold the postions of that media than people who don't. The mainstream media position is that there were not WMD. Indeed even the administrtion's current position is that there were no WMD. The administration's position is that their error was a good faith one, based on the information they had. Many would...
Quote: Originally Posted by moosemommy yowza. i dont get the appeal, honestly. if you must use the tv as a babysitter, why not go ahead and use something good.... a video of shakespeare or something! I'd rather have my kid understand 10% of Hamlet than 100% of Teletubbies. A good Shakespeare for kids: Midsummer Night's Dream, with Michelle Pfeiffer.