or Connect

Posts by Carlyn

I know both those name choices as boys in our community, so I wouldn't choose them for a girl's name. But if you love them, then I don't think that is a problem...just what I would do given the small rural area we live in.
If you are interested, there are usually all kinds of community groups that you can get involved with when you have a baby. It can be a great place to meet up with other moms and get out of the house, while not spending money. Our library has programs, our health unit has programs, our church has programs, our township has programs, etc. You can ask around, check websites, look at posters at the library... All the best to you SAHMs, you are doing great work to care for...
Quote: Originally Posted by rjruiz_415 I am! I have always been a SAHM though - since before I got PG with number one (well I was going to college...) I did a little baby-sitting for a little boy to bring in some extra money. Just a few days a week for an extra 400ish a month. I am not doing that any more though. Right now to help out a little I sew diapers and do ChaCha! This sounds almost exactly like me, except that I don't provide any extra...
Quote: Originally Posted by kellykins BTW?! someone mentioned leafy greens. I totally and wholly grossed out my MIL who was visiting last week- for an evening snack I filled a bowl with frozen spinach and heated it up.... Put some butter on it and NOM NOM NOM.... LOL!!! I'd like some ideas for protien, as I am not a huge meat eater except at dinnertime, really. I have been eating ham egg n cheese on a WW bagel for lunch the past few days - that sre...
I am not having one with thisbaby. I had them with my first two, but haven't for the last three. I have used a doppler, but I'm going to ask the midwife to use a fetoscope next time, since I'm this far along..
My afterpains have been stronger the more babies I have had. I don't think that tandeming made them worse because my toddler had weaned before my last baby was born, and those afterpains were the most intense. WHOO-HOO, they were intense! The baby before that I was tandemming, and they were intense too. But the tandeming was great for at the beginning. When I was getting engorged when the milk was first coming in, the toddler was great at easing that. I just had to be...
I also find the newborn stage easier with homeschooling than when they are bigger and into everything. I found that doing school even quite soon after the babe is born works, because you are sitting down lots and can read and do schooly stuff while you are nursing and still feel very restful. Give yourself flexibility to figure out what works for you and your family. I'm due in July, and trying to establish some new routines and habits for me and the kids so the flow...
There is a great resource of information about canning and preserving your harvest on this thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=918724 It might be pretty overwhelming to start in on, but there are a lot of great ideas and recipes. Another thread that is more recent and less bulky is: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=962343 I'm sure you'd find lots of great help there. I love canning and preserving things. So far today we've had frozen...
Quote: Originally Posted by happyhats Any of the you green mamas own a soda maker or know anyone that does? I'm aware that it's much healthier to not drink soda at all, but both the hubs and I enjoy it and will probably continue to do so. However, I'm trying to make changes to our grocery buying habits, etc to be more green in the kitchen. I was reading an article about these soda makers and they really intrigue me, but i don't want to drop that kind...
Quote: Originally Posted by majorsky A sling/wrap is great for about four months for me. I wish I could use it longer (some women can do it, but it kills my back as baby gets heavy) but I highly recommend getting one anyway. Research what style appeals to you. I made my own ring sling and loved it but it was hard on my shoulders because it distributes the weight unevenly. This time I'm making a Maya-type wrap with cotton gauze. Kristin I love...