or Connect

Posts by Carlyn

Didn't read through everything yet, but I want to join! Earlier this week I felt great about going through all the clothes in the storage room and reorganising into similar sizes/gender. A good job to do while there was a snow storm! I often get started on a job without finishing it through, so I felt really good that everything was put back into the storage room. My husband helped to fit things in a little better, so it is easier to get at everything now. I would...
Quote: Originally Posted by nurturebaby Ooooh! I also got a great deal on an excalibur off of craigslist - but it was 2 years ago! I still haven't figured out how to make yummy stuff How do you dry the fruit? Do you just slice and dry? Do you dip in lemon or anything? I would love to figure out a way to get fruit and veggies to dry and be a bit crisp rather than leathery and chewy - is this even possible? Congrats on the score! And thanks for...
I loved reading your baby's birth story. You are so strong! My first baby was born breech as well, and I love hearing about breech births.
What a great story of your daughter's birth! My first baby was born breech as well. We knew he was breech, and he was born in hospital with an OB, but it was a wonderful, natural birth. I love reading about other breech babies' births. Way to go!
Wow! You are so strong, and worked so hard. What an amazing birth story. I love your son's name, too.
What a lovely birth. Congratulations on your tiny new daughter!
Yay, our snow disappeared today after snowing all day Monday and Tuesday. One of these times will be the last blast of winter! Of course, everyone keeps reminding me of snow storms in May...so we probably have a while to go yet. But I'm pretty excited to see all the new signs of Spring showing up. More birds, greener grass, bulbs poking their leaves up. If it doesn't snow or rain in the next few days, hopefully it will get dry enough to plant some spinach and peas out....
I had one hospital birth with OB, then three homebirths with midwives. I am a big fan of midwifery and homebirths! I don't think 25 weeks is too late. For my three homebirthed babies, we had come back to Canada from overseas during my pregnancies. The earliest I had seen a midwife then was 20 weeks, the others were 30 weeks. It worked out fine in our case. We built good relationships. I am looking forward to a homebirth again this time. We live rural, so the hospital is...
If people really want to buy you something, you could suggest a booster seat that goes at the table. I don't like high chairs, as the baby is farther away from the table. A portable booster can be nice as you can use a tray if you need the table space, or have them right at the table with you. It wouldn't be used in the first several months, but then is a well-used item, at least in our family. We have the same one that we got for our first baby. It is easy to pack along...
Quote: Originally Posted by BlessedEarthMother We're planning a homebirth, only problem is, we don't have a home...... My husband lost his job a couple of months ago and we had to relocate and move in with my parents temporarily. Hubby's still looking for a job, so we haven't signed a lease yet. My 2nd and 3rd babies were born while we were living at my parents-in-law. It worked out really well for us. They were very supportive. Our fourth...