or Connect

Posts by Carlyn

Our baby doesn't have any names yet. We have a possible boy name, but I'm not sold on it yet. We had picked our first and second babies' names by this point, but I think the others were nearer to the end. I would love to talk about it a bit more, but I am not worried. We have never had a problem figuring it out, and the names we have chosen for our children so far have been just right. It's a big decision! Even if we would have chosen already, we wouldn't tell others,...
Just this morning I told my husband that I am expecting him to get into nesting mode really soon, because I have a lot of projects I would like him to get done in the next few months! His reply: For pregnancy sympathy I'll gain weight with you, but that's as far as I go! (With a couple of my other pregnancies, he had gained weight when I was pregnant - not because of the pregnancy, but from moving back to North America from overseas and living with his parents for a few...
My nursling is almost 26 months. No milk for now, but mostly it is going quite well. She is usually nursing a few times through in the day, a few times at night. Some days she goes pretty well the whole day without nursing, some days she asks often. Towards the beginning of the pregnancy it was very uncomfortable, now it is almost always fine. If her latch gets uncomfortable, I make her come off and try again. Once in a while if I want her to unlatch before she is...
Wow, what a great answer to your concerns! I am so happy for you that your baby turned to such a good position for the birth. I was quite interested in seeing what would happen, as my first baby was born frank breech, vaginally. I love hearing about breech babies! All the best with your new tiny baby. Congratulations!
I'm hoping that the ground here will keep thawing out. It's hard to be patient when I'm hearing about some of your gardens already! Here it is just time to start planting indoors, so the tomatoes and peppers will be the right size to transplant out at the end of May. Every day we're seeing more tiny signs of spring coming to life. It's so exciting. We were offered the use of another garden plot only about a km away from us. I think we'll plant our potatoes and corn...
Around where we live, canning is very routine. It often works out that I can together with a friend, mom-in-law, sis-in-law, etc. to get a few batches of salsa or jam put away. My mom is coming out for a visit to see our little baby, but probably won't be able to get here until late August or early September. I said that would be just fine, we could do lots of canning at that point!! Someone mentioned that they probably won't have anything to can this year. Even if you...
Quote: Originally Posted by marimara I am in the middle of my spring cleaning right now. basically I take out everything of a room except the big furniture and clean top to bottom . I take off the bed linens, wash them, open the windows for a day or so. Put up fresh springish linens on the beds and then, vaccuum and put the room back together. That includes emptying the closet too. Declutter and get rid of everything I no longer want. Wow,...
Quote: Originally Posted by gossamerwindweb OR....... you could name her BETH So there aren't any other nicknames they could call her BTW, my daughter's middle name is Elizabeth and so is mine. LOL! My 4 yr old daughter's middle name is Elizabeth, and that's the name of one niece and the middle name of another niece (they're all born within 1 yr of each other)...our family loves that name! My great-great aunt just turned 100. Her name is...
Quote: Originally Posted by LauraReaux Definitely make sure you're staying hydrated. I was so bad about drinking enough water during my first pregnancy and I had a lot more BH contractions than with my last 2 pregnancies. My OB's rule is if I have 6 or more contractions an hour OR if I have a painful contraction, to call her or go in to the hospital. HTH! I agree with keeping hydrated! I find that I get a lot more contractions if I haven't...
We're not even close to picking names! I think we would have a boy's name if we had to choose right now, but no idea about a girl name. I am not completely convinced of the boy name either, but it's the only name that we've talked about yet, and we both thought it was okay.