or Connect

Posts by Carlyn

Have you checked out spinningbabies.com? I've heard there is great advise and resources there for helping a baby to turn to a more favourable position. I wish you all the best as you prepare for your baby's birth. My first baby was breech, and I knew that the possibility of a c-section was high. Thankfully, the obs at that hospital were very supportive of a vaginal breech birth - and that's how he was born!
My babies weighed (in birth order): 6 lbs, 11 oz 6 lbs, 8 oz 6 lbs, 5 oz 7 lbs, 6 oz
My son had this issue (reflux). We were aware of kidney issues at a late pregnancy ultrasound. It was monitered once he was born with ultrasounds and voiding cystograms. My son was on antibiotics for the first five years to prevent a kidney infection (but we were living overseas in an area of no medical care. If we had been living in Canada, I don't think we would have continued the antibiotics, we would have just been vigilant for any signs of infection.) After 5 1/2...
I had an external version attempted ten years ago. It didn't work, my baby wanted to stay breech! It was quite uncomfortable, but I didn't have any meds or anything else. I breathed deeply through it, it wasn't too bad. It felt like someone was pushing really hard on my tummy - they were! I had bruises showing afterwards for several days. I didn't have an ultrasound before or after, but they did hook me up to a moniter for a while that day to make sure things were going...
Quote: Originally Posted by sunnmama When my bread machine broke (years ago), I decided not to replace it and learn to make bread by hand. It is easy, and I actually enjoy it now--and somehow tastes better than the bread machine IME, bread machines and crock pots are mostly useful for people who are not home all day, so that things can be made and ready to eat when they get home. I plan to use my crock pot on days that we will be out and busy (dr...
We're away for a few weeks, heading home tomorrow. My goal is to start our tomato plants really soon, and to plan out our garden a bit more. I'm so excited! We're low on some things that we canned, but other things are holding out well. My mom told me this week that she'll probably only be able to come out to visit us more than a month after the new baby is born. I said that is okay, we'll be doing salsa and canning together! I'm so excited about Spring weather coming,...
I remember being pregnant at the same time as a friend, and I was saying how the baby was having hiccups again (you could tell just by looking at my belly that the baby was moving almost all the time) and she was very surprised. She said that she had to sit very still and put her hand on her belly to be able to feel or notice any movements. I wonder if some women's bodies are able to feel the movements more too. Might depend where the placenta is too? All my babies...
If you love Asia, then go for it! I think Asia Anne doesn't flow well. As soon as I read it, I thought of Asia Leanne (or however you would like to spell Leanne!) because it sounds better together. There are many other names you could use that end with anne, like Brianne, Rianne, etc. Congratulations on your baby girl!
Sahara makes me think of a friend who named her first daughter Savannah. I know she loved S names, and I could definitely have seen her using Sahara, Sienna, or Sierra. Good luck! We're really going to have to start thinking about names soon! ETA: I love your name choice of Reed Patrick for a boy!
A great green option for hanging plastic bags on is an aloe vera plant! I have one on the window sill by the kitchen sink. I wash the bags when I do dishes, then hang them on the plant to dry.