or Connect

Posts by mamadaan

It sounds like you might have thrush. You can read more about thrush and breastfeeding in this FAQ on thrush. You may need an anti fungal ointment for your nipples. Some mothers prefer gentian violet. Depending on how the milk bank treats the milk you donate, you may have to also tell them if you think you may have thrush. You can read more about thrush and expressed milk here.
Quote: Originally Posted by curious&eager JBut, when his hand reaches up my shirt and under my bra and he starts to twiddle with the other one, it really feels like he is invading my personal space. If it helps, it is fairly normal behavior. Some people think it is a way for the child to increase the milk flow at the breast (a bit like double pumping). There are some suggestions in this article on breastfeeding manners.
Quote: Originally Posted by atpeace DS has recently (last few days) been refusing the left breast! He fusses, and arches his back, but doesn't do that at the right breast. I've had to resort to using football hold, which is uncomfortable for me, and won't really work so well if we're not at home (like in public, where I dont' have all those pillows). Why would he be doing this? This sounds as if your DS may have earache or a sore throat or...
Hi, It does sound like you might have a blocked milk duct or even mastitis. I think that it could be really useful to look at these articles on blocked ducts and mastitis and My breast hurts. What can I do?. The tips in these articles may help to deal with the infection yourself or to decide when you have to contact your doctor.
My feeling is that a breast pump that is six years old is not worth buying unless you have to pump and have no other option. Unless it is a proper hospital grade hire pump, it is likely that the motor will not be working properly or will have very little life left in it. There are also some concerns about using second-hand breast pumps. You might like to read these articles before you decide whether to even consider buying the pump: Are Used Breast Pumps a Good Option?...
I suppose the title says it. DH has a job that he loves and is playing an increasingly important role in the large (10,000 employees) organization that he works for. He has quite a bit of responsibility and will continue to get more. He is often away from home/comes home late and has to work or study in the evenings/weekend. I appreciate the fact that he has work he likes (it has been different) and that we have no money worries in a very modest kind of way. I have no...
Hi, Yes, I think that the idea of a home birth in the Netherlands is quite different from that in the USA. Some women do build up relationships with their midwives, but most do not. Three different midwives came to my house over a period of 24 hours before I went to hospital during my first labour. My second labour was entirely in hospital. I feel that if you are looking to get to know someone before the labour and them to stay with you all the time during labour, you...
I can imagine that this is frustrating, but a lot of kids need a lot of parenting to sleep at this age. Have you tried sitting with her, but not paying her much attention or reading from a not-very-interesting book? Popular science books seem to work well with my kids. Kids' books are too exciting, but they seem to relax better to the sound of my voice. I also wondered whether your DD is sleeping too much during the day or you are expecting her to go to bed before she...
I live in the Netherlands and for many people bicycles are their main or only method of transport. This is the officially recommended way of transporting babies up to about nine months: http://www.kinderwagensupply.nl/Auto...e-Fietsdrager/ Some people use a cargo bike: http://www.bikeshop.nl/products/2products_bakfiets.htm or a trailer: http://www.fietskarren-fietsaanhangers.nl/b_31.jpg There are seats for on the front and back of bicycles for kids from about 6-9 months to...
Hi, I have a few suggestions. I hope that one or other of them will be useful. Firstly, there are no right answers to parenting two children to sleep, especially when one of them is a new baby who may need to cluster breastfeed and the other one still needs a lot of love at this time of day. It can be useful to have a flexible approach to the whole situation. Perhaps life will work best for you all if DH and DS sleep in one room and you and DC2 in another one for a...