or Connect

Posts by ninafel

I've been told that the pulsing is the baby practicing breathing. Hiccups are more sudden little movements, the breathing is an up and down motion. Ninafel, 43 b/g twins 8/05 #3 due date today! Come out, come out, baby!
How is everyone doing? It's been so long I no longer remember anyone's due date....how many babes have been born already?? I am 35 weeks tomorrow and everything appears to be going well....the last couple of weeks I have really started to feel the pregnancy more and not just bop around and do my regular life. I'm tired, I'm getting big, it's all coming so soon! I've all of a sudden gotten much more clear and creative with my 3yrs 5months twins that they must pick up...
I am so sorry this is happening so suddenly for you. Oatmeal is supposed to be really great at boosting supply. Water, water, water for you, of course. Not sure how much fenugreek you can take while pregnant--probably fine but you might ask an LC or here or google it. My kids were also very unpracticed at drinking liquids early on and pretty much got all their liquid from me. I've had great success "sharing" my drink in a tall glass with them using a bendable...
Usually you don't feel regular movement--several times per day, every day--until 19-21 weeks. At earlier weeks, there are sometimes several days in a row you feel movement but then a day or two where you can't really feel anything. I think it sometimes has to do with the babes positioning....if their feet or hands are facing your back, you are less likely to feel it than if they are facing your belly. It can cause anxiety but try to relax about it!! Ninafel b/g...
Hello all: I am so sorry to hear about your loss, veganmama. I also had two losses where I thought I was pregnant for several weeks longer than I actually was and it really affected my confidence in my sense of my body, it's such a heartbreak--I feel for you. I went through with the amnio two weeks ago and got my results back mid-week that everything looks normal. We'll have our 18w ultrasound next Wednesday. I'm relieved and starting to feel more confident that I...
What I've heard is that the best view is around 16-18 weeks. After that, the babe is often too large and too bunched up in their to get a good view of the genitals! Ninafel
I don't think I noticed any supply issues that affected my kids' intake noticeably. I have now 3yr old twins who still nurse some, and the first time I attempted to night wean they were about 16months. We are actually now finally getting enough sleep as a family with both of them sleeping through the night with no waking fairly reliably for the past couple of months (it's taken a very long time!) There's such a range, some people think 16mos is too early to...
Hello to everyone. It's so comforting just knowing you are all out there! Thanks for that. I'm now 15.5 weeks and went in yesterday for a scan and the amnio procedure. There is still a baby in there (hooray!), growing, moving, heart beating--amazing! As far as they can tell from the physical scan, all is well with the babe. We were adamant we didn't want to know gender....I'm not ready to stop fantasizing about who will be coming into our family. We'll know the...
I think it's all over the map as far as when it's easier and then harder again....I remember being so disillusioned when--after hearing "it gets easier" for several of the early months--I started hearing, "oh, it gets easier and then it gets harder again when they start moving." Thanks! In our case, it got a little easier from 13-22 months or so, they were walking and moving well and safer, were still interested in a fairly defined sphere and were just so joyful about...
When I initially nightweaned after nursing twins throughout the night for 16 months I actually ended up with a terrible case of hives. I also ended up struggling with middle of the night insomnia. The nursing hormones help you get back to sleep and when I wasn't nursing anymore---but they were still waking up (!)--it was really awful. Now, at almost 3 yrs, they both sleep 9 hrs in a row most nights of the week, so sanity is returning (just in time for a new baby,...