or Connect

Posts by carfreemama

Hi Amie:   Thanks for your reply. Sounds awesome. I think I'm ready to take the plunge. Can you deliver to Canada? Could you give me a price estimate per pound, including shipping? I think I'm a convert already and I'll bet I have some friends who would order, too.   Nancy.
I signed the family up to make and deliver a casserole to a drop-in centre. It's our church's turn twice a year and there was trouble getting enough volunteers because our turn falls on Mothers Day. Surprisingly, DH and DD were both really on board with this. It almost sounds a little do-goody, but it was exactly what I wanted. I wouldn't mind a little pampering for the rest of the day, though!
Thanks, Graciegal! After doing a little more research, I came to the same conclusion; so I've been taking magnesium supplements and haven't had a migraine in almost 1 month! That's incredible progress from the way things have been lately. Hope you're headache-free.
Just saw your reply. That's GREAT!!  The rapid recovery sounds like DD, too. I wouldn't be surprised if she's just fine to sing in the music festival. Really, I felt almost silly telling people how sick she was, when there she was running around the picture of health just 2 weeks later.   As for the medicine, HA! Maybe you're right. DD WASN'T admitted and the medicine was a NIGHTMARE. It was a nasty, strong antibiotic that was so potent it gave her diarrhea and...
I just wanted to see how you all are doing. I also wanted to add that my dd, who is 8, had pneumonia right around Easter last year. It came on INCREDIBLY fast. As in, riding her bike with DH at 8 pm after a full day of music and playdates...and a fever of 104 and vomiting by the middle of the night. One thing that threw me off the pneumonia trail was that DD was complaining of pain only in her stomach and then vomiting. I found out from the doc that if the pneumonia is...
Hi all:   Just trying to deconstruct the last 24-48 hours to see if I can find any new triggers for my latest migraines. I am a lifelong sufferer, so I thought I had most of them figured out. However, I heard for the first time that bananas can be a trigger. I don't eat a lot of them, but I did have one or two the last few days. I also re-started potassium supplements at the same time, so maybe overload? But I'd been taking potassium supplements for MONTHS during a...
Nice to see some fresh input, thanks to you both! And welcome, AndreaJay!   I don't think I've purged since I wrote that post. If I look back at the timeline, I think it's possible I may be coming up to my first-ever 1-year anniversary; or at least the first one I can remember or document!   It's been a powerful year. Since I wrote that post, I have had my left ovary and both tubes removed for a large cyst. No more babies, but no more anxiety over what this thing...
I think there's lots to talk about! In one way, I don't want to get into thinking that our family is so different, with different issues, just because dd is an only. We're just who we are! OTOH, there are issues I would like to explore. Several posters have mentioned their concern about lack of extended family and that is a reality for us, too. We are lucky to have dh's parents close by and very involved with dd's life. However, I am sometimes envious of other friends...
I think it's a fine idea. Just had my tubes removed, so it's official; DD will be an only permanently. She just turned 8!
I've been working on this for a while now and wonder if others are, too.   I have only one child, an 8-year-old daughter. I work full-time, but from home. I have time to play. DD and I DO lots of stuff together; we make crafts, go out, go on playdates, read, swim, etc...   But what DD really wants me to do is play. Littlest Pet Shop, specifically.   It doesn't matter how much time she gets to play LPS with other kids. This is STILL what she most desires to do...