or Connect

Posts by VeganCupcake

I found out I'm having twins about a month ago, and my reaction was very much like yours. :) We have virtually everything needed for one baby, but two really threw me for a loop! (I have a 5 year old and a 2.5 year old as well.)   So far, I've bought a twin nursing pillow, because that seemed crucial! We'll be buying a minivan because there's no way we can fit everyone plus cargo in the car we have now. We've also decided that since the babies are coming in the winter,...
Hey all, I found out about a month ago that I'm pregnant with twins, too. I had no idea before. I haven't been very active in this group, but I'm hoping to change that. :)   We were planning a home birth (our third), but things feel sort of up in the air now. I'm not sure I feel confident about birthing twins at home, though my midwife has cared for and caught 7 sets of twins without incident. I love my midwife, but I'm not sure I'm mentally there, KWIM?   I've met...
  Oooh, that book looks excellent! I read The World Until Yesterday by Jared Diamond a couple of months ago, though it didn't go too deeply into women's issues in particular.   One of my goals this pregnancy is not to gain 100,000 lbs, like I have in previous pregnancies. :) I had just recently gotten back to my pre-first-baby weight and so I'm trying to keep things under control. I ate waaaaay too much (and too much junk) in my second pregnancy. I found I really craved...
Knittinghelp.com has videos about all kinds of stitches and techniques. Have you ever looked at that?
Hey all, I'm Catherine, a soon-to-be 38 year old mom of two: DD is 4.5 and DS is 2. Both were born at home with the same midwife in attendance, and that's the plan with this one, as well. We have never found out the sex of our babies in advance of birth, and I'm looking forward to not knowing again! I love the mystery. I guess I'm also quite secretive--I don't tell anyone about our pregnancies until it becomes so obvious it's ridiculous. I think I was 25 weeks last time...
Hiya all! My EDD is Feb. 8. This is my third--I have a 4.5 yo DD and a 2 yo DS. I make no guesses on gender, and we won't find out until the birth. Our other two were born at home and that's the plan with this one, too.  
Do you know if you're ovulating? That will tell you if you have enough body fat to get pregnant, since it will tell you something about whether your hormones are operating properly.   I have never had a problem with enough body fat :lol: but I have had two very healthy vegan pregnancies.
My DS is 4 months old and is not a really great nurser. He constantly slips off the breast, clicks, and has problems everting his upper lip. He is still gaining well, though, because as a tandem nursing mama, I have an enormous milk supply that basically pours into his mouth if he's anywhere in the vacinity.   I have had a few incidences of nipple pain and I had a little blister on one side a few weeks ago, but it's generally not painful to nurse him.   My friend...
My massage therapist suggested using a rolled-up hand towel between my boobs. She gave me a couple and I just kind of experimented with what size I needed and the placement and stuff. I also told her I was pretty leaky, and she said it didn't matter. You could put a towel or a burp cloth under your nipples, as well, but they also change the sheets and stuff anyway between clients.   You could wear a bra if you wanted to--generally you can undress to your level of...
How old is your newborn? My DD did the same thing when my DS was born--she even started night nursing again, which was very difficult and exhausting for me (she had been nightweaned for pretty much my whole pregnancy). But gradually she slowed her nursing down. I think it took 3 weeks for her to reduce her requests to nurse during the day.   I found that telling her she can nurse "later" works pretty well for her--rather than "just a little bit" constantly, you know?