or Connect

Posts by Caneel

Stuff like this makes me see red.  Little kids (at least my little kid) can't understand that not all families have the time to devote to sell junk or it goes against their values.  All they know is there is a fantastic treat being dangled in front the them and they don't want to be the one to ruin it for everyone. DS's school recently had a fund raiser where he (me) was suppose to provide names and addresses of friends and family so a company (I can't remember the name)...
Our DS went through hating baths period and I got a cheap plastic stool and put that in the bathtub.  He sat on the stool while I quickly washed and rinsed him.  It worked like a charm and he eventually moved back to regular baths.
I used to make most of my own cleaning products but switched back to Windex because I just couldn't get the homemade version to work as well.   We still use Cascade/Jet Dry.  DH is in charge of nightly dinner clean up and he flat out refuses to budge.   We keep paper towels in the house but they are stored in an inconvenient spot and DH (who could run through a roll a day when left unsupervised) isn't motivated enough to go get a roll.  We use bar towels/rags for most...
 Yes, that is the idea, so to speak. A local private school in my area changed their policy and now any employee whose spouse CAN get insurance at their (the spouses) job must do so instead of being covered under Private School's employee's family plan.   I don't know how the school will treat stay at home spouses, I wonder if they can "force" them off the family plan and over to the Marketplace? Our agent said he actually foresees the Marketplace rates being so...
We have a small two bedroom house heated by propane, hot water radiators.   Keeping the heat low (55 degrees during the week, 65 on the weekends) our heating bills in PA ranged from $900 to $1,5000 over the past three winters.  Our two tanks (not sure of the sizes) were filled/topped off between 3 and 5 times a year.   Call around to propane companies.  Based on the size of your house, your family and your estimated temps, they can give you estimates on your costs.  I...
 Your husband's employer needs to give you the Department of Labor form that will tell you whether or not your husband's coverage meets the Minimum Standards.  If it does not, you will be eligible for a tax credit that lowers your premium through the Marketplace. If your husband's coverage (just his as a single, not the family coverage) is more than 9.5% of your household income OR if the coverage doesn't meet what they are calling 'minimum value" then you are eligible for...
After 20 years, we have very defined household duties.  One of DH's job is trash management.   Growing up, my chore was to empty the kitchen trash can once a day whether it was full or not.  Organic matter was composted and our trash can was actually pretty small.  I learned it is far easier to deal with a little versus a lot.   DH spends 5x the time and 10x the energy trying to jam stuff into the trash can instead of simply lifting the bag out and taking out the...
Anything that needs to be referenced for an upcoming test is kept in a dedicated folder.  After the test, it all goes in the trash.  I only keep really special stuff like original artwork.
 A thousand times this. My parents divorced went I was an adult and I had to shut my mom down from her unloading all her marriage baggage on me.  I didn't not want to hear it.  It wasn't that I didn't care, it was that I couldn't process it and couldn't offer her advice. I am her daughter, she needed a peer or a therapist to help her.
 Ha, Ha!  I suspect there is a reason people are so very anxious to get rid of their rocking chairs.  OP - beware of multiple relatives gifting their rocking chairs! I agree that a stable, comfy stuffed chair to be the best nursing chair. I had people insisting on getting me one of those wooden gilder/rocker things and I agree, the arms were too high and I sat up too straight in it.  For reference, I am 5'9" and I can't imagine how uncomfortable they are for smaller...