or Connect

Posts by Caneel

That is brilliant!  Oh the frustrations I have had over the years with the back and forth bleeding of colors.  I do think the green Frog tape works far better than the blue tape.
 I agree on both points.   I dealt with the "treasure" issue on both sides of my family but with my dad, no amount of pleading or education could change his ways.  My dad completely comprehend my point of view but could not stop himself.  Some beliefs, like these things having "value" or not to waste, are so ingrained, you will not change her.  If she grew up during the depression and was poor while raising your DH, it is likely those experience cut very deep.    And at 85...
Squeeze as hard as I could......then twist.
 Concerning what I bolded, WIC was started as a farm subsidy program.  In the simplest sense, it was used to keep the dairy prices up first, providing food aid second which is probably why alternative foods (rice milk as an example) aren't offered/permitted, it doesn't help the dairy industry.  Someone correct me please if I am wrong, I volunteered with the program but that was 20+ years ago.
Even if people do have an interest in feeding their family better, the stress of poverty can be a overwhelming.  We had the opportunity to help a family that was living on the edge (as in no money food, zero, on a regular basis).  The mother did an amazing job with what she had but after working full-time and caring for the children, there wasn't enough physical and emotional energy at the end of the day to expand her cooking skills.  We stocked their freezer with meat...
  When it comes to water, I say break the rules (I would).   And like limabean says, one can plan to "survive" a two hour movie.  The field example of above?  I would sneak stuff in and I am pretty much a rule follower.
Strong wearing or strong smelling?   I have no complaints over the durability of our finish.  We do not baby it at all.  The installer recommended a satin finish and I am pleased.  It isn't slippery and hides little scratches well.  My close friend has refinished her high gloss pre-engineered floors twice because she can't tolerate the slightest imperfection.   As it relates to smell, I don't think so.  Most, if not all, used now are water based.  The last floor...
We have installed 4 hardwood floors, all solid tongue and groove style that was finished professionally after installation.   As I have always understood it, the one negative of the pre-finished floors is that you can't refinished them as often as solid floors.  The positive it, however, that the finishes are supposed to be better wearing.   I would think engineered floors would off gas more simply because there are more steps/chemicals used in the process.  Do...