or Connect

Posts by Caneel

OP - you are describing our first house cleaner experience and it worked out great.  My neighborhood helped me write out exactly what I wanted done.  If you want the front of the cabinets done every visit, spell it out.  I think what you are asking for, assuming a fair wage, is absolutely acceptable.   I typed it out and my DH (who did the actual hiring) reviewed it with the first cleaner we hired.  She was thrilled and told me straight out that she loved deep...
I let DS play with my Touch when we are out to dinner.  There are lots of free apps like memory games, drawing, Sesame Street videos, etc. that he likes.
I am not a regular in this forum as I am not a SAHM but the thread title called out to me.  Meal planning and cooking is the biggest source of stress in our family.  It was the only thing we truly argued about.  We have been together for 17 years and for good or bad, a definate division of labor has developed.   My DH will not offer an opinion about a meal (except that he will not eat anything processed/from a box) and his attempts to cook make me want to weep.  (he...
  We have a friend of the family who is also in this boat.  Niether husband or wife ever had a loan. They rented a house, utilities included, from someone they knew.  According to the bank, they have zero credit history.   They are looking to buy a house but can't get approved for a conventional loan.   Now they are looking at small, local independent banks (there are still a few in the area) that keep mortgages in-house.  Unfortunately, they will be paying a higher...
Oh yes, the washer was never, ever run without a full load and if that meant bursting in on a shower to find that last pair of socks, so be it!   My mom was INSANE about "street" clothing and, goodness forbid, SHOES on the bed.  It was hard as a kid to have friends over to play because my mom was constantly trying to chase us out of my room.   A funny side story - recently DS was visiting my mom and pappy called out to ds something about "hurry up and get in here...
We didn't do a sleep over with nana until DS was nearly 2 yo.  You are definately not abnormal for not being comfortable with an overnight at this stage.    DS started camping with nana and pappy when he was about 3.5 yo and he really enjoys it.   As far as special time alone together, that is something I understand but it took DH a little while to "get"  I grew up with grandparents that adored the grandkids and truly loved planning activities for us so...
I also had a coach-social studies teacher but it was in high school.  His class was such a waste of time.  Fridays students had two choices - make signs and decorations to support the football players or sit in the back of the room and remain reasonably quiet.  Mondays we watched tapes of the prior Friday night game.   If you played sports (which I did) and generally behaved yourself, you were guaranteed an A.  If you were a troublemaker (anyone who didn't play sports),...
I thought the same thing about Bill and the gun!  And did you hear Nikki whispering in the background "Do It!"   I just don't know what to say, what a freaking train wreck.    Frank stealing the copper made me laugh because, sadly, that type of thing happens where I live.  What a rednecky type of crime to commit!   I don't understand how Bill was able to tear down that building.  (I think it was the office)  I mean really, if members of the compound are...
Once our cats hit about 15 yr, the vet said she was comfortable stopping vacs.    I always vax because I was so worried they would get out of the house and get exposed to other cats.  Bats in the house occur once in a while too so I was worried about rabies.  (I can worry about the most remote possiblities)
I use it just for raw eating