or Connect

Posts by Caneel

I used RelishRelish.com for two so years.  I think it wsa $7 per month for the subscription.  There is an option for a free trail on the site.   Most of the meals are pretty good, focusing on fresh ingredients - like chicken breasts done with a homemade honey sauce and a spinach and mushroom salad with homemade vinegrette made with oj, that sort of thing.  The "homemade" elements were super easy like honey and two or three other ingredients to make a glaze.   I...
 I love that butter but it is hard to find in my area.  I recently ran across their garlic and herb compound butter, so good!
We are on our second half a steer from a local farm so I am certainly not an expert but I will share my limited knowledge.   Your question is a valid one and it was not out of line to ask why you received less than what you expected. I also think it is nice that the farmer sent some extra roasts your way.  Sounds like she is trying to meet your expectations after the fact.    I don't know how much weight you should give to the % estimate yields because if you are...
I cook our quinoa in chicken broth and don't find it to be bitter at all, many it is because of the salt?    I like to top our quinoa with cubbed butternut squash, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts or pecans, crumbles of blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese or parm cheese - often a combination of these ingredients.
How about it!  Seriously, that tanning salon idea is just nutty.  Not only is it not healthy but one session isn't going to make any noticable difference unless one intentionally burns themselves.    I might be old fashion but I think a co-ed sleep over party at that age is unnecessary.    
We have been to two all-inclusives, one south of Playa Del Carmen Mexico (just a few months ago) and the other in the Dominican Republic.  The best way to get a good deal is to book a vacation package that includes the airfare, transfer to the hotel, and the hotel package.    Check out Liberty Travel, Apple and GoGo.  In doing our research, I would see those names over and over again on the travel forums.
We have a cottage way in the middle of no where, miles from the closest cell phone reception spot.  We do have a land line and it runs us about $30 per month but that does include a couple of long distance calls to my mom a month.    I am seriously considering upgrading to a phone (unlimited calling), internet (can't remember the speed but it was really good) and Dish for a bundled package of $99 per month.  I would prefer just the phone and internet service and need...
I have food quirks - I am insanely picky about my food.  A brown or wilted piece of lettuce in my salad makes me want to burst in tears.  I simply can't order eggs in a restaurant because I am the only person in the world who one can cook eggs properly.  I once tapped a stale roll against a server's tray when she insisted it was freshly baked and said "does this sound fresh to you?"  We don't eat at restaurants much anymore.....   I also can't stand when people refer...
Teachers having inappropriate emotional and physical relations (all these teachers were male) was seriously an epidemic in my school district.   In middle school, there was a group of male teachers that would stand in the hallway during class changes and poke the girls on the butt with pointers as we passed.  (by pointers, I mean long, thin wooden sticks with pointed rubber tips)  I don't know what got into me one day when I was in eighth grade but I had enough and...
$250 sounds pretty good to me too, especially if the times are favorable.  Over the pas two years, I noticed a definate increase in airfare, there just doesn't seem to be the cheapy-if-you-plan-ahead fares anymore.   You can use your carseat on the plane if it is FAA approved.  Make sure the FAA approval sticker is on the seat and be prepared to point it out to any airline employee that asks.  We were questioned once and spent time fumbling trying to find...