or Connect

Posts by Caneel

Second the SCORE recommendation.   Also, look for a Small Business Development Center in your area.  Tons of free information, support and services are offered through this agency.   When I was in banking, I regularly worked with Small Business Administration loans and some of those packages had grants attatched to them and nearly all of those grants were not actual cash money but for services, like a Ben Franklin grant for $10,000 in accounting fees.  
I remember reading about this somewhere - that certain people has a unique body chemistry that makes quartz watches go wacky.  
I appreciate the feedback.   What I find interesting/puzzling is that we never give into his tantrums so he certainly isn't learning that his bad behavior gets him his own way yet he continues.   Late afternoon, we had another incident and instead of ignoring it, I calmly told him I did not want to hear those words and then walked away (we were getting ready to leave the house and I needed to throw a load of laundry in the washer).  He cried for a couple of...
We paid $30 per day for someone to feed/clean the litter box our cats twice a day.  The visits included giving the one cat an insulin shot.  The person that did it also had other families she worked for and they also paid $30 per day.   We now pay $15 per day for one (no injection) cat visit and that is just a drop by, not staying over.   OP - I think what your $150 offer is just fine, especially considering she is a college student who might enjoy staying at...
My MOH had a, to put it nicely, an odd idea of what makes for a fun time out with the wedding party and planned all sorts of stupid games.  I basically just walked away and let her carry on herself.  (She was very much a look at me! type of gal)  If you can fade into the crowd and hang with the people you like, I would go and ignore the games.  
I was certain we were the only house in the world with "stupid" pees!  LOL.   
In a round about way, I dealt with these type of issues at my former job - people who were so passionate about their dreams getting frustrated when partners weren't on board with the idea.   Is it possible for you to start practicing, so to speak, now by getting a job at a local farm or CSA program?  
Out of nowhere, our previously lovely 5 yo DS has started saying things like "I hate Mommy" and "Mommy is stupid" and using the word stupid as a description for everything.   The "I hates" and "Mommy is stupid" come out every time he gets frustrated, the time of day doesn't matter.  For example, he wanted a particular food item as a snack yesterday.  We were out of it and when I said "I need to get more apples next time I go to the store"  he responds with "I hate...
We invited 150, headcount for the reception was 120.   We were on the verge of tipping over to a completely unmanagble number if we would have started inviting the next family layer.  (My mom's side is huge)  We paid for our own wedding and my mom volunteered to call everyone on that next layer and personally explain to them that while Caneel and Mr. Caneel would have loved to invite them, we had to draw the line at some point as we were paying for it ourselves and...
I don't know.  My guess is there was a power struggle going on between the couple.  She was sort of really uptight and prone to odd, extreme ways of "controlling" things.  He was super laid back, always happy go lucky.  I think she refused to allow booze for the general guest population to shove it to him for what ever reason (she always seemed mad at him for being not as uptight as she was) but didn't want to deny herself or her friends in the wedding party.  No...