or Connect

Posts by lifetapestry

The rise on the medium Elbee is really quite short: 15" (according to the website and my own medium Elbee), so I think you'd either want to order the medium high rise (medium size with large rise of 17"), or the large. My 2.5 year old wears both the medium high rise and large and both fit him quite trimly, and he's much smaller than your son (his waist is 16" and his thighs, definately not inherited from me, are a tiny 8"). So in your shoes I'd order the large because...
I've used both Bumkins and bumpy covers on my skinny toddler, and both are good covers. The bumpy covers fit more trimly than the bumkin covers do, so I prefer the bumpy cover. They are softer than the nylon bumkins as well. One caveat about the bumpy covers, though. It seems that some of them need to be waterproofed almost immediately after you use them for a little bit. This re-waterproofing works really well, and to me it was no big deal time wise or money wise,...
Sugarpeas size 1 dipes, back in the days when Carrie was making them in cute prints. They were the only diaper that fit my skinny little guy (then about 12 months old) well at all. He wore them until he was almost 2 years old, and we retired them only because his plumber's crack was showing. Then I found bikini cut Cuddlebuns. Now I think I have or have had pretty much every "hyena" diaper out there. Karla
Try a Heavenly Hineys cover in PUL or FLEECE (they also make a combination PUL/Fleece cover), they are cute, affordable, and readily available. See www.heavenlyhineys.com I have good luck with wool (both covers ans soakers) 90% of the time with my heavy wetter. I have had less luck with PUL covers, although the ones that worked best for me were bumpy day covers (but they needed to be waterproofed shortly after purchasing). The only cover I have never had a leak with...
As we've (as in, my DH and I) gotten older (and have more money), we do fewer and fewer things for the purpose of saving money. It's not that we spend wildly (witness the one 10 year old car we share between us), but we often choose to spend money (e.g. to have someone clean our house) than to take time away from our son and family to do it. Also, we've experienced the wastefulness of buying a cheap X that only lasts a year or two compared to a pricier X that will last a...
Quote: Originally posted by JennInSeattle That's how the berry patch is designed! You should check them out! Whatcha talkin' about? I do see the five sizes on her sizing page, but there isn't any high rise medium size unless I'm just too stupid to see it. And, actually, I bought one of the very first Berry Patch dipes-- it's a gorgeous hand dyed lime sherpa with bright purple snaps-- back on auction when she first started out. I can't resist...
Once I hit 36 different "brands" of fitted diapers, I thought there was nothing else to try. Wrong-- there's always something "new", a WAHM making fitteds with a "new" fabric (tried microterry, now really want to try bamboo), a new style (e.g. bottombumpers' side snapping, turned style, flat front panel), or simply a diaper that gets a lot of "press", even if some of that is SPAM. I am just endlessly curious when it comes to cloth diapers, and fascinated by the little...
I like the 5 or 6 size system and, in particular, I really appreciate that some WAHM's have created a medium high rise size that fits toddlers like my son, who grow out of mediums because of the rise, but for whom larges are still mostly too big. My elbee baby medium high rise is a perfect fit! I wish all dipes came in this size. Karla
I had a different applique wool cover where the red bled into the surrounding color. I used Ritt's dye remover (which I painted onto the afflicted bleeding wool with a paintbrush), then washed out with Eucalan. I had good results with removing the offending dye. Then I did a salt and vinegar overnight soak (1/4 cup salt, I used sea salt), 1/2 cup white vinegar, enough hot water to cover), and I had no further bleeding. I'm sure you know a lot more than I do about dye...
Go here and click on PUL style, scroll down to the comparison charts, and look for either a "2" (turned style) or "3" (bound style) in the "style" column. I counted 16 different WAHM's who make a "no ruffle" style. Not all of them are open right now, of course. My top picks are Chumbas and Full Moon Baby Gear, and all the websites directly to the WAHM's are linked on the page. HTH, Karla