or Connect

Posts by EvolvingMama

Hi everyone! I'm at cycle day 24 and still hoping I'm pregnant...I can't get a reliable test yet. Thanks for your stories and wishes! Kiwimutti, I want to respond to your question about the mood swings on the IUD. I had mine for almost 1.5 years and didn't have unusual mood swings, but I sure had the heavier bleeding and longer periods, yes ma'am!!! It was amazing to have the nurse practitioner whip out the IUD (she asked me if I wanted to keep it!!!) and then the next...
Thanks for all of your support, Mamas. I am at cd 24 and still waiting to test...of course I have gone through several tests that turned out negative because it's too soon, but you know how that feels when you FEEL so pregnant and you just KNOW you will be the one woman who gets a positive test super early!? Yup, that was me. Now I have relaxed and am not trying not to think about it, just letting thoughts flow and taking care of myself. It's pretty remote out here and...
I know this question is rhetorical, since I will find out in a few days for sure, but I sure feel pregnant and I wonder if anyone else has had these symptoms at this stage in your cycle (day 21), before missing a period? big, sensitive boobs little bumps more pronounced around my nipple and the areola seems different little pangs in my lower abdomen - muscular-feeling pangs exhausted, especially afternoons and on ( keep wondering, is it bed time YET?) woozy,...
I know this question is rhetorical, since I will find out in a few days for sure, but I sure feel pregnant and I wonder if anyone else has had these symptoms at this stage in your cycle (day 21), before missing a period? big, sensitive boobs little bumps more pronounced around my nipple and the areola seems different little pangs in my lower abdomen - muscular-feeling pangs exhausted, especially afternoons and on ( keep wondering, is it bed time YET?) woozy, headachy,...
Hi mamas and mamas-to-be, I am considering having my IUD removed and trying to have another baby. Has anyone had any experience with getting pregnant or TTC after an IUD? "they" say that your body goes back to normal and is ready to be pregnant again, but I wonder what others' experiences are? Thanks, Laurie, mama to a big boy, 1/26/96 and dreaming of a new one!
Hi mamas, I have an 8 year-old son whose dad and I share custody. That's working really well. I just turned 35, I'm a special education teacher, live in a really rural area, and want very much to have another child. I would love for my son to have a sibling and to have a little tribe of us. Our community is very supportive and cooperative, but there is a serious lack of child care and I am an attachment kind of mom. I'm interested in finding another partner one day, but...
Thanks, everyone. I appreciate your reassuring words. Since I posted my question, I've been thinking more and I honestly am also glad we sleep together still. It's good for both of us, although I do like having the bed all to myself when he's with his papa! Yesterday, we got some new sheets and a comforter in the mail (a birthday splurge for myself!) and it was great trying them out. I will re-introduce the idea of me sleeping with him in his bed sometime soon, just as an...
Hi everyone, I'd like some feedback on this issue. I've been divorced from my son's dad for about a year and a half and we have joint custody...one week with me, one with his dad, same school, small community, as friendly a set up as possible. Elisha has always slept with us, nursed until he was almost 2, was attached, etc... Now I am wondering if it's appropriate for him to still be sleeping with me now. It's still a tender, reconnecting time for us, but he and his dad...