or Connect

Posts by clancybaby

Quote: Originally Posted by Intertwined "I carry twins, what's your super power?!?" exactly!
Quote: Originally Posted by gemelos I totally agree about the muscles. It happens gradually but you will still be able to carry them both if necessary, up a flight of stairs at 2 years old. Or better yet, you will probably find yourself wearing one on the front and holding the other twin and Isabella under your arms like footballs as you dash to the car in the rain/snow, depending on where you live. ITA - Chantel, today my dash was with one...
There's also the quite realistic possibility that the size measurements by u/s aren't quite bang on, I would not hang my hat on or stress over a plan that is made specific to those. I was routinely told that my baby A was more than a pound and a half bigger than her sister yet at birth they were one OUNCE apart and B was the bigger of the two. YMMV but I wouldn't let them stress you about u/s measurements or about baby b being breech no matter what his or her size. Best...
Twins are SO MUCH FUN! I have a ball with my girls (9 mos) and with my 5 yo son. We're a little gang. My girls play with each other, literally sitting on the same spot and have done so since they started sitting. They hand toys back and forth and do the cutest things - and then they play WWE and squash each other and I intervene, but that's relatively cute also. And they look at each other and share secrets already. They are preparing to walk and then to quickly learn...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1stTimeMummytoLore the "time's up" twin induction/c-section is skewing the c/s and NICU stats in this country in a huge way. .... full term is full term. or as my MW liked to say: "a cooked baby is a cooked baby" twins have just as much a right to 40 weeks in momma's womb as singletons and they shouldn't be arbitrarily denied that right just because there are two of them. if twin parents and their babies can safely...
i had one twin at home and one at hospital and the delight and validation of the successful homebirth is what sustained me through the misery of hospital and c-section and resultant crap. midwives will know if you need to transfer, they are very good at watching for signs. this was my second pregnancy but i had midwifes for my first also, tho not at home. i had a long list of questions to ask midwives and if i can dig it up i will post it. i think you need to be...
mine were born at 40 wks 3 days and baby b definitely could have used a few more days. my singleton was a full 2 wks late 5 years ago so i was prepared to go long. like a pp said there is just no magic number where the placenta starts to break down and eating right will get you a long way to term and a healthy placenta. here is info about how LMP is a horrid predictor for term, might help her with prep for talking with...
ugh. i had belly itch. we complained about it in our ddc. i tried so many natural sorts of things that seem silly now. some would work for one or two nights and then i'd be insane again the next night. i would definitely try to keep all of your skin hydrated with whatever high quality lotion you choose, that will help with stretching with the least problem possible for your particular skin. i ended up having serious trouble sleeping because of my tummy itch. the only...
totally ridiculous. sorry about their response but it was to be expected because that's how medicine is these days. you know that it isn't up to them tho and you and your mom can push this. just because the docs think they are the only decision makers it isn't fully up to them. you can make the case, pull some evidence and do what you think is right. if you are a healthy person which i'd bet you are then the only possible thing your milk can do is to help her, it...
try not to worry and congrats on your baby!. baby will get what he needs from you and you know this because your body has done it before. if baby is making wet diapers and baby is going back to sleep then he is fine. if the diapers aren't wet then you need to explore further but that is really the only sign i've found to use. i think we all have this worry even when we've done it before. i know i was worried about it 8 wks ago with my twins and i could really express...