or Connect

Posts by marieangela

Thank you for the replies.  RIght now I'm in a waiting game while both therapist find the appropriate forms for me to fill out to allow them to speak to each other and to the school about AT.  The private therapist has tried Springboard with her and she has done well with it.  She thinks that a separate device would be better than an app on the iPad.  The other therapist has an app on the iPad that she brings to the house and is trying to get the hang of it and customize...
Does anyone have experience with AT in the preschool setting?  My daughter is 3 1/2 and in preschool twice a week.  She has a genetic disorder called cri-du-chat or 5p-, but is doing way better than we had ever imagined.  Her main issue now is speech.  She has two different speech therapists and both agree that she would be a good candidate for AT.  She has great receptive abilities and catches on to things quickly.  I'm not sure, though, how to get everyone...
Just saw this when scrolling through the forum.  My husband and enjoyed The Wire, and also like watching Breaking Bad, Dexter and Homeland.  A couple of people that I know have recommended Walking Dead, but we haven't tried that out yet.
Thanks for the suggestions.  He has read one of the Three Investigators books and liked it.  I've requested some more through our library system.  He reads Encyclopedia Brown books when he's waiting for Hardy Boys books to come in.  He can read several of those in a day, but likes them.  He tried Hoot a while back and it didn't suck him in like mysteries tend to do, so he gave up on it.  May try it again.  I'll look into some of those other authors, too.  He informed me...
My third grade son is quite an avid reader. He has been devouring Hardy Boys books and is up to 90something in the series. He is looking for something a bit longer than these books, though. I request them from our library system and I need to fill in with something when he's read all the books that we have and the new books aren't in yet. Any suggestions?
My daughter won't be three until February, but I'm already thinking about what we will do when EI ends.  She recently had her annual review and testing.  She scored high average or above average in everything except for expressive language.  She can still recieve her PT and DV therapies due to her cri-du-chat diagnosis for EI, though.  What happens when EI is done, though?  Her therapists think that (when she goes to preschool) she won't qualify for a  DART preschool or...
I am so sorry.  My first child had severe amniotic banding around her head and was missing part of her skull, and also had heart problems that were "incompatible with life".  I didn't find out until my 19 week u/s. 
We are driving from South Western PA to Acadia National Park in ME in mid July.  I'm thinking that a night or two in Connecticut would be good on the way up.  If we were going straight through we would take 84.  Anywhere that's worth stopping or spending a night or two?  We are open to camping, cabins or anything.
I couldn't help but feel a bit attacked by some of the posts, so had to take a few days to think and regroup (introvert, here).  I have talked to the boys (my daughter is only 2) about religion in vague terms.  Different people practice and believe different things and we chose not to be involved in religion at all.  Lots of your friends may go to church, but we don't.  That sort of thing.  I do plan to go to the communion party and deal with the possible embarassment to...
Thank you.  Communion it is.  I will look into that.  My two boys are very different.  I can talk to my 8 year old (not just because of his age, but also his personality) and know that he will think about what I say and that he understands when it is and isn't appropriate to talk about things.  My 5 year old is completely different.  Whereas my 8 year old and I are reserved and introverted, he is friends with everyone, talks non-stop and is very sure of himself.  Even...