or Connect

Posts by marieangela

Me again.  I've got a bit of a dilemma.  My family has been invited to a confirmation (or is it communion?) party for one of my second grader's friends.  I know his mom through school and we are on friendly terms.  She is nice.  He is a good kid.  Our boys aren't quite that good of friends any more, as they haven't been in the same class since kindergarten.  We went to his birthday party a few weeks ago and now we're invited to this.  My main dilemma is that if we...
I'm not familiar with either of those. I have three kids, 8, 5 and 2, and may be more lax than others on AP - as long as my children and I are treated with respect I tend to be happy.  That said, the part of town may matter to you.  I am perfectly happy with the dentist that is right up the street from me, but had to start taking my 8 year old to a pediatric dentist a half an hour away when he wouldn't open his mouth to get a cavity filled at our regular dentist.  I must...
Just wanted to add that I had two of my children with the Midwives at Magee and had great experiences both times.  I would definitely recommend them.
Reading through some of the recent posts, I feel quite lucky to have a husband who is on the same page as me with atheism and parents who accept me. I may or may not have mentioned before that my father was a priest and my mother was a nun, both Catholic (Italian and Irish, respectively).  My dad was on his way out anyway, and they met and decided to leave the church and marry.  I was baptized by a priest friend of my father at our house and went to church on holidays...
I started ds2 on time, with a birthday three days before the cut-off date of Sept. 1st for our district.  He is doing great and you would never guess that he is one of the youngest kids in his class.  For us it was a choice of sending him to a school with his brother, in walking distance from our home and with kids that he knows or going back to a preschool (wonderful as it was) in a different neighborhood, with a 20 minute drive each way, kids he wouldn't be going to...
Thanks.  I hadn't thought of that.  She is in the same state as me.  I need to try and look up the info that got us started with medical assistance for our daughter.  I remember having to give financial info, but their was definitely no income restriction. 
My daughter has a genetic disorder (cri-du-chat or 5P-) and with no regards to our income has supplementary insurance.  A friend of a friend is waiting on the results of a genetic test for her 5 year old daughter who they suspect has Turners' Syndrome.  I am trying to get together some information for my friend.  I lost my first baby when I was 19 1/2 weeks pregnant with her due to heart and brain abnormalities.  Later genetic tests showed that she had Turners' Syndrome...
A friend just sent me this link for a myers briggs test humanmetrics.com.  I took my first one when I was about 12 years old.  My father was a college professor (now retired) and had one of his friends at the college give me the test.  I was INFP.  She said I was very strongly intoverted.  I took it again, at least once, in college and was INFP again.  I just took this shorter online test and came up ISTJ.  Still very introverted, but slightly sensing, moderately...
Thanks for the reply! We're staying right in the French Quarter and walking, no car. I will look into those sites for live music.  We definitely want to check some out. 
I haven't posted on here in a while.  I was definitely feeling the downside of being an introvert with my kids tonight.  My husband works long hours and is rarely home before the kids go to bed.  I've got an intoverted 8 year old who loves to read and play video games.  I can sit and quietly read or just be with him.  Then I have a LOUD, constantly talking, contrary and demanding 5 year old.  And, last but not least, a special needs 23 month old, who is in an attachment...