or Connect

Posts by marieangela

I started my first when he was 5 1/2 (Sept cut-off, Jan birthday).  My second son started kindergarten this year, three days before his 5th birthday.  He met the cut-off by a few days.  I was unsure how he would do, because he is a bit unpredictable, to say the least.  He is doing great, though.  His teacher loves him, his behavior is great and he's picking up on the academics a lot faster than I thought he would.  I'm quite pleased with my decision.  He is one of the...
My two closest friends, who both live on the opposite side of the country as me, and I are spending a long weekend in NOLA at the end of the month for my one friend's 35th birthday.  We were all there together 10 years and 8 kids ago.    A couple of questions- Any recommendations for things to do or see?  Also, my dh is a chef and we some more expensive places to eat in mind.  I'm wondering about less expensive, but tasty places to eat.   Also, what should I pack...
We don't have an official Lego place near us, so we went with what we have. I ended up get some Lego candy for a favor. The kids had a great time and loved their minifigures and the Lego candy. Definitely a successful party!
Thanks for the replies!  I really should just stick to the minifigure being the favor.  Now that I've seen the lego brick molds, I totally want one though.  Too bad they don't sell them anymore.  I'm debating on whether to get one on ebay with expedited shipping.   I think that would be adding too much last minute work to be making chocolates the day before his party...
I am having ds1s 8th birthday party at a lego play place.  All the kids will get to build and bring home a minifigure as part of the party.  I've looked into some other lego type party favors and they are too expensive to be giving to 10-12 kids.  Would it be terrible not to have a party favor and just have them all go home with their minifigure?  Or any ideas on an inexpensive lego themed party favor?  I really don't like having my kids bring home lots of little junky...
You pretty much described me.  Skinny face, pointy chin and nose, dark brown curly/wavy hair, no make-up.  My rectangular glasses are black, though, amd my wardrobe no longer needs to be nursing friendly, but is a bit dull.  I have tried all kinds of things with my hair.  Most recently I've left it long, but had some layers added.  I've tried to wear it down more even if I don't think it looks quite right.  I think that most people just tend to see longer hair as longer...
This year I have seven presents for each of the boys.  I think I have six for our not yet 2 year old daughter.  We also have a tent for a shared gift.  The boys gifts are getting more expensive as they get older.  This year they each got a decent sized lego set (ARC 170 starfighter for my almost 8 year old), my younger son got a ds lite plus a game and older son got a wii game.  These things add up.  The 7 gifts include a book, a shirt and a beyblade for each of them. ...
My kindergarten son has a late August birthday with a September 1st cut-off for school.  He is doing amazingly well.  No behavioral problems, doing well with academics and his teacher says "he's a JOY to have in class".  Yes, some kids in his class are a year older than him, but I dont' think he even notices this or cares.  Things will eventually even out and some of those red-shirted boys will be wishing they hadn't started school late.  If things are working out well,...
We have had our house for sale for 7 months now and we keep changing our minds about staying in our current school district or leaving.  A long, drawn our process has been going on to decide whether to renovate the two elementary schools or close them both and build a big school.  I like having a neighborhood school that we can walk to and where the kids and teachers and parents all know each other.  I don't want a huge school for my kids even if it has better...
My 21 month old has two older brothers, so she is exposed to lots of toys that are beyond her age.  It also makes it tough to know what to get her, we have a toy kitchen, little people, legos of every size, dress up clothes, puzzles, books, playmobil, cars, musical instruments, etc. etc.  What she really seems to like playing with are books, little people/playmobil figures, things that play music, toy cell phones and balls.  I've been so caught up in buying for her...