or Connect

Posts by marieangela

I tend to go by what will most likely be played with and not end up missing pieces and laying at the bottom of the toy box, for the most part.  My boys both play with legos and playmobil and like videogames.  They want lego sets.  Ds1 picked one particular star wars lego set, which I got for him.  Ds2 keeps telling me he wants every lego set that he sees in the lego magazine.  I got him one of the many ones that he mentioned which isn't a theme that we already have (star...
I thought about doing gift cards so they could buy toys, but my dh thought that I should get something more for the therapist.  I deal with them more, though, and I think they would like a lakeshore or toys r us gift card.  I also have to decide how much is a good amount.  I'm buying for so many people this year that things are really adding up!
My daughter has three ei therapists that come to our house.  Two of them have been coming since she was just a few months old (she will be 2 in Feb).  The speech therapist has been coming for the past couple of months.  I think I gave the PT and DV cookies last year.  I'm wondering what other people do, if anything, for therapists?  I was thinking of giving them little loaves of pumpkin bread and a small gift certificate, but I'm not sure what kind. 
Well, I went ahead and got the DS Lite for my younger son. It was the difference between spending $90 on one DS or spending $300+ on two DSis or two DSi XLs. This way I can get them each a game and a Lego Star Wars set, too, without feeling like I went way overboard for Xmas this year. At some point (perhaps when the next incarnation of the DS comes out) I'm sure we'll upgrade. The lites will be fine for a while, though.
My daughter was 17 months old when we went on a roadtrip vacation this past summer.  I was worried about taking a 17 month old, an almost 5 year old and a 7 year old on such a long trip, but it went really well.  We travelled from Western PA to Shenandoah, VA to Gatlinburg, TN to Asheville, NC to Wilmington, NC to Ocracoke Island and back to Fairfax, VA-over 2000 miles in all.  We started out around 4:30 in the morning on the first day.  Dd woke up for a little while in...
I have been going crazy thinking about this.  I keep making up  my mind and then changing it.  Some input would be great!   My oldest son (D) will be 8 shortly after xmas and my younger son (G) is 5.  D has a DS Lite and loves it.  He is all about playing the games.  G has a Leapster that he no longer uses- he watches his brother play DS and plays it himself when his brother lets him. My mom watches two boys, 9 and 5 1/2, who both have DSI XLs.  She told me how...
My oldest will be 8 years old a week after xmas.  I'm trying to think of a good non-toy gift for him.  He loves to read and often gets Secrets of Droon and ABC Mysteries books from the library.  I wouldn't want to buy him books from either of those series, since he's read a lot of them already, but am thinking of getting a set from a new series.  I looked on Amazon the other day and came up with Geronimo Stilton, The Secret Series and 39 Clues series.  Can anyone...
We got a wii for our two boys last year for xmas.  They have a choice after they finish their homework on school days- 1/2 show, 1/2 of video games (could be wii, ds, computer or iphone).  It has worked out fine.  At first they were all about wii, then ds and now iphone games.  It goes in stages depending on which system has a new game.  My younger son will happily give up screen time to go out and play.  My older son does tend to lean towards reading and playing video...
We have given a shared xmas gift to our boys (now 5 and almost 8) for the past couple of years now.  We got them a playmobil castle two years ago, a wii last year and this year they are getting a tent.  They have done fine with shared gifts and also get their own indvidual gifts. 
Thank you for the ideas.  I hadn't even thought of a lap easel.  I do think that if a regular easel is too expensive, art supplies alone would be okay.  We don't have a Hobby Lobby, but we do have Michaels.  I'll have to have my mom clip some of their coupons for me.