or Connect

Posts by marieangela

Okay. Silly question here. Can I take a plane trip wearing a bra with gel inserts or pack one in my carry-on? I tried to look it up on the TSA site and found this "Gel shoe inserts - Gel shoe inserts are not permitted, but shoes constructed with gel heels are allowed and must be removed and screened." I do not want to have my bra removed and screened. I recently bought a couple of gel insert bras because my daughter only nurses on one side and my breasts are...
Thanks for the Boy Scouts replies. I'm thinking that I need to sit down and have a talk with my 2nd grader about religion/atheism. So far we have just lived life and not been involved in religious things at all. Hearing that the Boy Scouts organization does not welcome atheists and homosexuals really turns me against them. My husband and I are atheists, but our children are just children. They don't have any religious views of any kind yet. I had hoped to keep it...
Anyone involved in or know much about cub scouts/boy scouts? I automatically dismissed the idea when the paper came home from school last year and this about cub scouts. The meetings are held in a church and, for some reason, I have it in my head that there are religious leanings. I've looked on line a bit and I see things about religious emblems and religious award programs. I woudn't even be thinking about it, but the mom of one of my 2nd graders classmates mentioned...
I have a kindergartener and a 2nd grader in PA. The kinder has homework 2-3days a week. It usually takes 5-10 minutes. The 2nd grader has homework 3-4 days a week. Usually 2-3 sheets that take him 10- 15 minutes and sometimes reading on top of that.
I have a 7 1/2 year old, a 5 year old and a 19 month old. We've got playmobil, megablocks, duplos and regular legos in our house. They all play with all of these things at various times. For a three year old, I would probably start with duplos for blocks, though. Megablocks are very easy to take apart and put together and my older boys still have fun with them. So, if you think the slight challenge of duplos might frustrate her, then megablocks could be a good choice....
Awesome! We're taking our boys (7 1/2 and 5) to see Michael Franti next month and I can't wait!
We have a 7 1/2 year old and a 5 year old who love Playmobil. I kept their train table when they outgrew trains and put the big castle on that. Pirate ships, airplanes and other vehicles go under the table. We also have IKEA trofast shelves with bins. For clean up (which is more often these days because our house is for sale) the small pieces can go in the bin, on a boat, or in the castle. I don't bother with separating pirate, knights, policemen and such. They...
My dd is 19 months old and only nurses a couple of times during the day, but then wakes up multiple times during the night to nurse. She even wakes up sometimes during a nap to nurse back to sleep. My dh works very long hours and gets home late at night (often after I've nursed dd back to sleep once or twice), so he can't really help. My dad is able to get dd to sleep for naps and even back to sleep when she wakes up from naps. I know that it's possible, but she just...
My oldest is 7 (will be 8 in Jan) and has always been on the small side. He is currently about 46" tall and 43lbs. There is a HUGE size range in his second grade class. There are a couple of kids that are smaller than him and there are also some kids that are way bigger than him-as in look like they should be in fourth grade. On a side note, my middle son just turned 5 and is 45 3/4" tall and 46lbs. They are certainly growing differently.
Thanks for all of the ideas. I am not all that handy, but will give a few things a try. Don't really feel like paying anyone to do something if dh or I can figure it out ourselves.