or Connect

Posts by marieangela

Our house has been for sale for four or five months now. We are trying to find another house in our same school district. One of our options is a duplex on a nice street. The cost of the duplex is a good deal less than we were planning on spending. I have no idea, though, how much it could/would cost to remodel. Anyone done this? If this is the wrong forum, let me know. I wasn't sure where else to post this.
We only have full day in our school district. My oldest did great and loved it. As others have mentioned its nice not to have everything crammed into a half day and to have more time for extras like gym, library, art, music and computers. My middle child is starting kindy this year. Unlike my oldest who stopped napping at 2 years old, ds2 still naps. I plan to have a snack and some run around time followed by some downtime set up for ds2 right after school. It might...
I would test, too. My dd is 17 months old now and is a little late with walking and talking, but has otherwise developed rather normally. We had her tested when she was two months old based on the sound of her cry and her low birth weight and found out she had a genetic disorder. We could have come this far not knowing about it if our pediatrician hadn't brought it up when she heard our dd cry. I'm glad we got the diagnosis, though, and were able to get started on...
Well, apparently she is orthopedically all good. The doctor says that her hips look good and she doesn't need the AFOs. The PT comes tomorrow and I'll see what she has to say about that.
I posted a couple of months ago about my daughter getting AFOs. She got these at the recommendation of her PT and never saw an orthopedic doctor. Last week while the PT was at our house, dd was walking a lot with her push toy while wearing her AFOs. The PT noticed that her right foot is still turning out and that her whole lower body seemed to be facing right a bit. Now she's thinking that it might be something with her hip(s). Her developmental therapist saw her...
We have yet to get an offer on our house. People keep coming to see it, love it....but have problems with things that we can't do anything about (shared driveway, small closets). Meanwhile, the house that we wanted was taken off the market. School starts in a month and there is nothing in our school district that we like (if we manage to sell). Now I'm worrying about having to pull a 2nd grader and a kindergartener out of school in the middle of the year if we end up...
My 7 year old went through two cheap backpacks in kindergarten and I bought him an LLBean one for first grade. It still looks brand new and he'll be using it for 2nd grade and hopefully many years to come. I just bought one for my other son, who will be starting kindergarten this year. I don't like the idea of buying cheap/character backpacks every year - I wouldn't know what to do with all of the discarded ones.
We have a 7 year old and an almost 5 year old and have been thinking about starting with an allowance. This thread has been helpful. One question, though - where do your children keep the money that you give them? My boys both have wallets, but my almost 5 year old tends to lose things and leave them in strange places. The also both have piggie banks. I'm thinking I should maybe come up with some other place to keep money to save and eventually spend?
My dh and haven't done any really hot camping since before we had kids. There is definitely more to consider with a 7 year old, a 4 1/2 year old, and a 15 month old. My dh's brother lives in Wilmington and we'll be visiting him, but his house isn't big enough for us to stay with him. We are trying to figure out a not too expensive place to stay while we're there. It will just be a few days of our over two week road trip vacation. It looks like camping is out.
I know that where I live (in PA), it didn't matter how much money we made when we applied for supplementary MA insurance for our daughter. So far, it has covered everything that our insurance doesn't cover. Her therapy and all medications have been free. I would definitely look into it.