or Connect

Posts by marieangela

Let's see..lately he has emptied spices in the drawer and on the floor, played in the dog water with books, put deodorant on my toothbrush, put clean clothes in the hamper and dirty clothes into various drawers. I try not to let him out of my sight much, but it's tough.
Very interesting thread. I tend to think that I am pretty, but not in a coventional, hot or sexy kind of way. My friends' moms used to always say how pretty I was when I was younger, but not many people my own age said anything of the sorts-if that means anything. Oddly enough, I tried to find a decent picture of myself to post and had a hard time finding one. Either I'm not photogenic, or I have my perception of myself is off. I am skinnier now than before I had my...
Quote: Originally Posted by proudmamanow thanks for the hugs. I am feeling a wee bit better right now. aside from the other really great points about community support that have been raised here, I have another theory about mama burnout. I am an introvert, and I know I crave time to myself more than almost anything. And my 2 yo dd wants to be with me all the time and talking all the time if she's awake more than anything! And my partner wants and...
Yep, I'm feeling burnt out, too. And I'm staying up too late at night partly to have some alone time and partly to see my dh who works late. My 4.5 year old has been doing some things that drive me crazy and my almost 2 year old does everything his brother does. My house is a disaster, which sometimes doesn't bother me so much, but these days I want to do something about it. Unfortunately, I can get very little done with my boys around. I would love to have a friend...
Ds1 had this surgery when he was 13 or 14 months old. I was told that the chances were less likely that it would open up on it's own after 12 months. I hated the idea of anesthesia and was very worried about it. When he had it done, though, it was done really fast and he was his normal self very shortly afterward. I think it was much harder on me than it was on him. We have had no problems with his tear duct since then and he is now 4.5. I tried massage, breastmilk...
Quote: Originally Posted by tie-dyed Ok, probably the thing I get least about this whole thing is that it is "emotional" music. Isn't pretty much all music emotional? I think it's more emotional *hardcore* music than just plain emotional music. Having been into hardcore music, and some emo-ish music (Quicksand, Rival Schools, anyone?) in the past, I can see the difference between the two. Too old to have much experience with the whole emo...
So, yeah, the "why?" phase stopped at around 4yo for ds1...and turned into a "what if..?" phase. I wish I could have the "why?" phase back? ds1-"What if a fire truck drove too fast and a police car chased it?" me-"If a fire engine is on it's way to a fire and has it's siren on and lights flashing, it's allowed to go too fast and a police car won't chase it" ds1-"What if it has it's siren on, but not it's lights?" me- "That's still okay, maybe the lights aren't...
Other for me. I let them climb up slides when no one else is at the park, or the people that I'm with don't care. I try to respect other parents. There is generally always someone who doesn't want their child climbing up the slide at the park. If their child sees my children climbing, they're bound to want to try it, too. I don't want to make things harder for other parents.
My midwife quoted me $700-$800 for Mirena! Still haven't looked into the other options yet, but I ought to be doing that soon.
Thank you for the replies. My midwives did not talk to me about going through Mirena directly. I think I'll look into that and planned parenthood and see what would work better.