or Connect

Posts by menomena

That's the thing, Tanya. We've been supping zinc, Mag citrate, Vit C, & P5P (B6) for a LONG time now. LONG. So I suppose was surprised that we need more than what we're already getting.    Dosage-wise, I've been giving Lily, ~35-40lbs, fluctuating:  - 10mg zinc in the morning - 1g C, up to two times a day - 10mg B6 in form of P5P - 500mcg Mo  - 400-800mg Mag, divided into at least 2 doses over the day.  - 1/2 tsp Cod Liver Oil (A&D vits) - 1mg K...
Yes, definitely on the Mo!    I remembered what you said about your DD, Shannon. Glad to hear you're making strides on any level. We had a great day today, so I'm thankful for that, for whatever reason.    Not sure about the difference between hydroxy & methyl causing detox reactions, though. I know that some people lack the enzyme or co-factors or something to convert the cobalamin into methylcobalamin (which is the "active" form). I figured that was us, because...
Further update:  Today, I gave her the 500mcg B12 but dropped the folate down to 250mcg. Amazing difference. Low & slow is the lesson, yet again. Always nice to have a reminder. ;) 
Well, for any lurkers hoping to see what others had to say, I will answer my own questions...   It appears, after some more focused research once kids were sleeping, that it may have something to do with dosage. I basically kickstarted her impaired methylation cycle and she's detoxing like gonzo. So, the consensus seems to be to start with a much lower dose on the folate (100-200mcg) and work up to a therapeutic dose (800mcg+). Hopefully that will help us today. 
I gave Lily 500mcg of B12 spray - as methylcobalamin and 500mcg of Thorne's 5-MTHF. We took them after breakfast around 8/8:30. We were already having a bit of a weepy day (i got talked into whole scrambled eggs for breakfast, I was tired and didn't want to fight. She does okay on the yolks but is a weepy, shouting mess on the whites). But, by 3p she had a rager of a tantrum in Kohl's about a stuffy. She did all the classic kid tantrum stuff (mind you, she's 5 and was...
DH called my MIL and she said that all three of her boys lost their top teeth first. Weird. This just may be genetic. :) 
My DD is 5.75yr old and I think she has a loose tooth. I thought you normally lost the bottom teeth first, but hers is on top. DH claims he lost his top teeth first, but I distinctly remember losing my bottom teeth first and didn't lose my top teeth until 3rd grade. (I was a late tooth loser, continuing to lose well into HS). She was a late teether, so I expected her to be a late tooth-loser, too. She mentioned that she chomped on an olive pit over Christmas, with that...
Woefully behind on chat. Was hoping someone had started a January thread and I could start fresh there. Eeek.     Jess - how's her fat intake? Could you make a carrot puree and just load up on lamb fat? The key to satiation while on a lower carb diet is fat, fat, fat. Or, could you do a stew with the lamb meat & fat and the veggies all together?  We just started GAPS yesterday afternoon. Today is the first full day of Stage one of intro (Just broth, sauerkraut...
There are two MWs in my area, one has a student who is just months away from finishing up her training (CPM). Since this is my third birth, and my second homebirth, I was already asked if I minded the student/assistant being the "official" primary (to help count toward her training). I said no problem. The other MW in the area isn't too busy and there is a former student/assistant willing to help out, too. I'm with you, Leigh, I'm cool with whatever as long as I trust...
I hope to try the egg-free tapioca later today. I was going to try pretzels. Wish me luck! Shannon - I'm sorry you're thinking you have to pull sugar. When you're gonna do something sweet, it's nice to have an affordable option. I'm confused though. I thought cane sugar WAS "regular" sugar? Another thing you could consider is getting dehydrated dates and buzzing them in a food processor = date "sugar".    Had to update: Just made a grain-free mocha brownie. So...