or Connect

Posts by Dabble

I agree that she should see a doctor ASAP. If she can't get into her regular doctor with that description, she should be taken to the ER immediately. Please take great care where your child's vision in concerned, as injuries on or around the eye can result in blindness if left untreated. Most likely you will come home with nothing more than the peace of mind of knowing that she is okay, and that is worth a great deal, too.
Oh my word, I can't even imagine dealing with such a surprise! After all, people who made that decision are rarely feeling indecisive about their decision. That's like a "sell all the baby stuff!" moment, and you'd really have to do some scrambling!
Quote: Originally Posted by TiredX2 I'm confused about the popcorn too.... ????? OP, I think this is a real opportunity to talk about safety and what this person has been accused of doing, why that is wrong, and what she needs to do if she ever finds herself in such a situation. Be sure to reinforce to her that if she hears something at school she is unsure about (which she will) she should come to you, and you will tell her the truth....
Probably just a developmental stage he's going through, sensory-seeking to learn more about his environment, but I would want to talk to his doctor about it at the next available date. At the very least, that's going to establish some baseline with the doctor, and he/she may have some suggestions for you. Then at future well-baby visits, you'll be able to follow up on what his latest changes are. Probably it will be a couple months down the road and you'll have a hard...
Avocado is extremely nutrient/fat-dense, and easy to mix in with other things (like applesauce or banana) for variety. It's best to buy fresh avocados and just mash them as you need them, as opposed to buying commercial baby food. The nutrition in fresh is much better. I wouldn't be concerned about the tiny bit of formula he is receiving. You could offer that portion in a sippy cup at mealtime, even, and just think of it as a beverage if that helps you get past your...
Quote: Originally Posted by mom0810 sigh... I post this all the time and keep trying to do better, but for us (2 adults and 2 children) it's at LEAST $1200 a month. That's more than our mortgage and car put together. It's huge. But no matter what I do, that's the lowest I can get it. Sometimes it's $1600 or more. I don't know how some people get it so low... I really just have no idea. Wow. WOW! I would absolutely never be able to afford...
Boy, that's really disheartening. The thought that people are out there without warm clothes, and they refuse to even give them the stuff they consider garbage... that really turns my stomach. I hope they realize they have been caught red-handed and stop doing that. Then when you think further, you realize all of the resources and environmental damage that went into producing those goods in the first place (natural resources, emissions, child/underpaid labor, shipping...
Yeah, that seems like a genuinely bad idea. There's no way you could be certain of your accuracy, and it's a heck of a risk to take. Call the lab for him, tell them he is reluctant to go in to leave a sample, and ask if it's possible for him to give the sample at home and for you to bring it in. I'm sure they deal with that all the time - it must be hard for some men to achieve a climax in the clinical setting.
Quote: Originally Posted by Momily Dabble, we already do 2 and 3 on your list, or rather my son does, I'm much more likely to be lax and fee him without making him sit or whatever than he is. Lyle is technically my son's dog, and my son probably does 80% of his care, unfortunately he still loves me best, there's no question where he'd rather be (e.g. if we leave the doors open he sleeps in my bed, not my son's). So, I keep him off the furniture and it...
Do you make apple pies a lot? That's really the only time I pull mine out. Oh, and sometimes for applesauce too. Other than that it mostly sits in the drawer, but I feel fortunate to have it when I need it! Do you have friends/family who live nearby who could split the cost with you and share it? We did that in our family with a Belgian waffle-maker, and we just pass it around for whoever wants to use it.