or Connect

Posts by kateena

I'm sorry the only thing I can offer is a virtual hug. I hope you find peace
community.rabeneltern.org is a good site as well
Quote: Originally Posted by ChetMC People also lie. There's a lot of pressure to have babies who sleep through the night among mainstream parents. I think that MDC is a place where more moms feel they can be honest about what's really going on. Yeah, some babies sleep 12 hours at night, but I think a lot of moms on more mainstream boards are rounding up how much their babies sleep at night, choosing not to mention their really bad nights, or are just...
I could imagine that in a community there would often be someone to take care of the other kids while the mother takes a nap when the smallest one is sleeping, but I'm just guessing. I think that big families have the advantage of there being more people available to help out, which would make it easier for the mother. African friends have told me they don't even leave the mother alone for several weeks after birth, nor do they let her do any chores. I can't say whether...
I may be completely wrong, so just ignore me if you my advice sounds bad.... Do you think it would help if you would just STOP? Really, just not clean anymore except for some spots reserved for you and your immediate family (children and husband)? To be completely honest it sounds not like you're encouraging them, but some people need a kick in the butt to get started, and your sister and to some extent your MIL sound like that. Well, maybe not your MIL as it seems...
I'm scared to ask, but which part is the treasure tail?
Quote: Originally Posted by wannabe Geneva is dull, dull, dull. You don't want to live there. Aw, it's not so bad. Do you live in Geneva? But yup, the cuckoo clock sounds more like Bern, cobblestones do too. Except that Bern isn't exactly what I'd call multicultural. And as far as multicultural is concerned: the lady I shared a room with when my daughter was born said that working for the UN is like dying slowly. And i know many, many people...
I don't know if it's even possbile to help someone adjust. My husband had been living here for 3 years when i met him, and even though he has adapted quite well (he grew up in several different countries, I'm sure that helped), it's still a process. My mother had a hard time adjusting to Europe, but I think that was connected to the specific situation of our family. I know people who have spent more than half their lives here in Europe and still just want to go home,...
Maerynpearl sorry- especially since it will be a longer wait for you. I hope you'll get your wedding dachshund Congratulations! That really is one BFP!!
could it be implantation bleeding?