or Connect

Posts by Juise

We're still around. :) We see Nurse Practitioner Roberta Dischinger-Smedes in Dr. Zarlenga's office, she is a wonderful, helpful, caring person that accepts that we don't vax, was excited to see that we cloth diapered, which led into talking about how she cloth diapered, and eventually into finding out that we both used the same midwife for our home births. I love her, but I am less than thrilled with the rest of the office. We have never been pressured about any of our...
Thank you!
Hi guys,   I was wondering if there were any good books you would recommend for learning about EC? When I ECed my kids, I just used online resources, and the Mothering community, but I have a cousin that asked if I could recommend an actual book.   She wants her husband to read up on it, and thinks it is more likely for him to do so if she can leave something on the bathroom counter or such for him to pick up and browse.  So probably nothing massive or super in-depth,...
Thank you so much everyone for the replies! I did take another look at the registries after the suggestion, and managed to find something we could swing. You all had lovely suggestions, though, and I will definitely be keeping them in mind for the future. I barely know the couple, so for me that makes it really hard to make something for them.   I, personally, would not be bothered in the least bit by a homemade gift, quite the contrary, but I do know not everyone...
Hey guys, DH's cousin's wedding is this weekend, and I was wondering if anyone here may have some ideas for me. We can't afford a real wedding present, and I feel bad. They are a super sheik couple, and I feel really awkward. I can get crafty, as long as the supplies don't end up costing more than a gift would - as is sometimes the case for me! And I don't want them to feel like we're cheaping out on them.   I can't think of anything to do for them, though, without...
Oh yeah, and Tuesdays or whenever work for us. Uh.. we don't generally do very early in the morning, though.
I have a 2 year old daughter and a 5 year old daughter. OSU - I had both my babies with Yolanda Visser, I LOVE her. She was the perfect midwife for me.  
The South side main branch of the Herrick district library in Holland has a cafe area in the basement with a bunch of tables. I know they have all sorts of meetings there - knitting groups, reading groups, etc., but I don't think it would be ideal for a bunch of kids.   Oh, there is the play area in the Ghost Town West Shore Mall, I have taken the kids there a few times. I generally avoid those places as germ breeding cesspools, especially in winter, lol, but we...
I'll be up for a get together, if you wait a week or so. :) We're all sick here.   Does anyone have any location ideas for a winter get-together where we will actually be able to meet each other? Hehe I mean there's sledding, or Crazy Bounce, but I don't see us mamas getting to have more than two words together doing either of those. Deanna's Playhouse would be nice, but at $5 a person, including parents, it's a bit too steep for us.
  I really, really need a specific place for working on stuff. So bad. I keep trying to convince my husband that he wants me to have a studio as much as I want to have a studio, because my stuff won't be all over the rest of the house! Because... unless company is coming over, or it poses some type of threat to the children, I am not packing up a project every time I have to stop working on it for a bit until it is done! Otherwise I would spend more time getting all my...