or Connect

Posts by Juise

Rere, I never know how you do it, I really don't. I think I would only be able to keep up with you if I didn't feed my kids and lets the house turn into a massive disaster area, haha. I have my little brother, two nieces, and a nephew's birthdays this month, so I am going to concentrate on those first. Couldn't people just stop having birthdays and babies so I could get some x-mas stuff done? I am making an owl towel similar to this one for my niece, which I can't...
Wow, rere! I really like those. Did you follow something online for the shield, or do you mind sharing a bit about how you made it? That blanket is super cute, too. I never know how to match different materials like that. That reminds me, I made this baby bundle set for a baby shower a couple weeks ago. I forgot to take a picture of mine somehow, but I think it makes a really cute gift for someone expecting, or with a wee baby. I tied it up with ribbon and a wooden...
Woah, where is everybody? It's nearly November! And I thought I was late.   This year, I have a handful of things I planned to make last year that I didn't end up making because I made something else. I really got into woodworking, so all the sewing ideas I had got chucked in a bin, never to be seen again. Until now.   I'm going to start my list, but all those big, scary blank spaces after names gives me the heebie jeebies, so I am just going to list the ones I...
I just want to quick let you all know that I have (finally) read all of your responses, and I very much appreciate them! There are some things I want to say, but I haven't got enough time right now. I will try to when I can, and I may need first to respond to just the first few comments, which doesn't mean I didn't read or have anything to say about any comments in between those and my response. I will get to those when I can, too! Since I don't know at what point I...
I would also like to add that I have tried making a chore chart, a very simple one, in which he put a star on each day that he put in 15 minutes of work. It did actually help, it was AWESOME. For about a week.
Okay, I realize this probably isn't just me, but it is infuriating. My husband will do something if I am there and specifically ask him to do it, but otherwise...?   Neither of us, by any means, are tidy people by nature. I don't even want to talk about what our house looked like at times prior to having kids. Now I try my best to keep up on things, and it is always a major effort. I struggle with it. I don't expect, (or want, for that matter,) my house to be...
Oh, and I also made a veggie noodle soup with lots of garlic in it. She wasn't interested in the garlic raw, which didn't exactly surprise me. But, hey! Worth a shot, eh? She just likes to peel it. She loved the soup, though!   I also wanted to add that it is not that I doubt your honey advice, but we are vegan and so don't use honey.
    It is much better now! I found out that I should not use hydrogen peroxide on it (oops!) because it kills everything, including all the good bacteria. I also found out that since some amount of Staph is always living on your skin, anytime you get an infection, Staph is most likely involved. (Oh.)   So I washed it frequently with just water to keep it clean, and we took a long warm bath with epsom salts in it. Either during the bath, or shortly thereafter,...
I don't have any experience with Staph, though, so I've no idea if I should be terrified about it, or treat it as any other infected wound unless it starts looking worse.   I will take her to the doctor if there seems to be good reason, but what I consider "good reason" to take my children to the doctor is probably a bar set much higher than your average person.
Thanks! The red streak is really what I was keeping an eye on it for after it became red, puffy, and irritated looking, so I was surprised today by this little zit-like apparition. I don't remember seeing anything like that occur before. It honestly doesn't actually look bad, and she doesn't complain about it, or appear to take any notice of it, unless she smacks it on something.