or Connect

Posts by Juise

This is my 19 month old DD's finger. It has been a little red and puffy for the last couple days, with a little mark in the center. Today is day 3, and now there is what looks to be a tiny pus blister where the mark was, with a dot in the middle. It is warmer to the touch and certainly sensitive. The redness and swelling have not changed, either to increase or decrease, for the duration.   I've just been keeping it clean and keeping an eye on it so far. I was...
Yeah, that was my big worry with pasta, I don't think I can cook enough for everyone all in one pot, so how to get / keep it all warm at the right time?   I made "snobby joes" for, I think, her 1st birthday, and almost no one ate them. : \ I'm not entirely sure if that was because it was just there on the stove and I didn't call enough attention to it, and we didn't have a "dinner time", or what. Or maybe no one dared try them? I don't know, I think they're really...
Be calm!   Try to quit smoking as soon as you can. Remember that it is for your baby, that made it very easy for me when I became pregnant the first time. I didn't consider it an option. I was pregnant, I was not going to smoke. I know some people just do not manage, and you absolutely cannot stop smoking, I would suggest looking into getting an electronic cigarette, (or e-cig.) While you are still taking in nicotine, you are not taking in any of the other...
Omg, sometimes I do not know what is wrong with me. My daughter's 4th Birthday party is this weekend, and I let her invite twenty kids! She was just telling and inviting everyone to her party, and after she would invite the kids straight up, I didn't have the heart to explain to them that they actually weren't invited. Part of the problem here is that most of the kids are in larger families, groups of siblings in 5s and 4s. So she didn't actually invite many families,...
Actually, it's not too late at all, but perfect timing, thank you! I am working on the doll for her for Christmas, so I haven't gotten very far at all yet. I am just starting to feel that serious handmade holiday panic that I ought to have been feeling at least a month or two ago!So now I am desperately trying to get moving on everything. At least I have all my gifts worked out, more than I can say for this time other years!
OkiMom, that sounds so hard! We moved around all the time when I was growing up, and I am staying put now. I hate moving. This is approaching the longest time I have lived in one place at around 6 years now, and I am really enjoying being able to put roots down. I never intended to stay in Michigan, but dammit, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I hope you get things figured out for your Christmas, weren't you having to make transportation friendly gifts last year, too?
I finally got my doll supplies from Weir Crafts and have started on my first doll, yay! I am so excited. Anyway... I was was looking at the pictures of Dragonfly's Hollow and Tumbleberry Toys dolls and noticing that many of the dolls seem to have a slight smile, rather than a perfectly straight mouth, even though it is still apparently only one stitch.   Is that all just the sculpting of the wool underneath? Can anyone tell me how to get a slight curve to the mouth?...
I know our local health food stores both have a pretty big section of make-up, have you checked there? I don't wear make-up either, so I'm afraid I'm not much help.
I'll include links to what each of my item ideas are, in case anyone else is interested. I will try to add my own pictures as I complete projects.   DD1 and DD2: Listed a couple posts ago Step-Sibling-in-Laws: Rice packs, (except I make mine with channels,) "Marbled Glass" ornaments that DD1 is making, Tiny Tote filled with treats BIL: Beer bottle cap magnets, Rice pack, Beer Cozy SIL 1: Rice pack, ?? SIL 2: Tea Wallet? (Going to have to ask brother if she...
I use a combination of folder and texts documents on my computer. I hope this is easier to explain than I fear it will be...   I have one main folder titled, "Gift Planner" with more folders inside it. One folder, "Recipes" contains text documents, titled with the name of the recipe, of recipes I like / want to make and give as gifts. The text documents contain either the copied recipe, or a link to the recipe online.   A second folder, titled "Crafts", contains...