or Connect

Posts by tjsmama

Made it to Miami! Catch you all when we get back from the cruise next week!
Last call for secret sprinter! If you want in and haven't sent me your email address, do it now! Matching happens tomorrow.
Checking in from warm and sunny...Detroit. Where I am actually very grateful to be, all things considered. Our flight to NYC (the third rerouting of the trip) was cancelled as we were standing in line to check in. The earliest they said they could get us to Miami was Friday. Which doesn't work when our cruise leaves Thursday afternoon. After checking every other airline and coming up short, C's frequent flier status saved the day...an hour on the phone with the diamond...
Vacation crisis, averted. For now, at least. After our rebooked flights were cancelled this afternoon, C was able to use his medallion status to get us rebooked through NY. So instead of flying to Miami tomorrow, we're flying to NYC, spending the night, and then continuing down to Miami Thursday morning. Keep your fingers crossed. At least we don't have to go anywhere near Atlanta now, so that should help. shanti~That snow is pretty crazy. We don't even usually see snow...
Need good thoughts for good weather, please...we're supposed to fly out for our cruise tomorrow morning. Through Atlanta. Our flight was cancelled last night but C was able to get us on a different flight. Also through Atlanta. I'm freaking out about it and the fact that somehow it seems that just about every possible flight into southern Florida is full the next couple of days. I know in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal, but I've been looking forward to...
Great race, nic! I would also be at the naked ladies in the locker room. I mean, I am not a prude, either (hello...I played high school sports where our coach required us to shower before we could get on the bus to ride home after away games ), but that's a little ridiculous. On the other hand, there was the lady at the Y a month or so ago who was taking a full-on shower (not just a rinse-off) in her shorty wetsuit that she had apparently worn into the pool. No joke...it...
More later when I hopefully have a little more time, but I'll organize SS...send me your email address if you want in. I'll probably use elfster again this year since that worked out so well last year. We'll probably start the week after next and try to have the reveal around the first day of spring.
Secret sprinter, anyone? After the night I had last night, I could really use the prospect of some fun surprises...
Eagerly awaiting nic's race report! rm~Sorry your trip was such a bummer in so many ways. I am in a funk, for some reason. Not sure why, I'm just generally dissatisfied with life right now. Not helped by clueless boys who, while not doing anything *wrong* per se, also aren't really doing anything right. Sigh. I need a vacation. Good thing I'm going on one next week, although in my current funk, I'm not even very excited by that. I had an unexpected night off from...
Good luck at your tri tomorrow, nic! I know you're going to do awesome! My lovely stretch of days off is coming to an end. I'm on call tonight, and I haven't gotten a call yet, and while I could really use the money, I REALLY don't want to work tonight. Especially since C has been gone all week, got back at 10pm last night, and it's his guard duty weekend up in WY. So, he left this morning at 5, and has to be back up there again all day tomorrow. Even if I don't end up...