or Connect

Posts by tjsmama

bec~How exciting that you're going for your certification! Can't wait to see you rock out some coaching! nic~ What shanti said. For reals. shanti~SO glad to hear that you are feeling better in so many ways. And happy to see you back here again, as well! jaygee~Glad you had a great trip and that your dad is doing so much better! I hear you on the parental driving...my parents get a little bit worse every time I have to get in a car with them. Yikes. I have been a...
Real~Congrats! Have you had noosa??? It's soooo good...almost like eating ice cream. I am jealous. And, you know, happy to take some off your hands if necessary. I hope everyone is managing to stay warm! It hasn't been too terribly cold here until this morning. But, geniuses that we are, we're heading up skiing. I'm already freezing and all I did was stand outside filling the car up with gas. DS comes back today, finally. I really have missed the little booger but it's...
Happy New Year, my friends! Wishing you and your families much love, peace and happiness to come in 2014. In retrospect, I had a pretty darn good 2013. I stayed healthy, I got to run NYC, I made good on my vow to go on at least one date in the next year... I'm both excited and a little terrified about what 2014 holds in store for me. Ironman, for sure. Who knows what on the dating front (did I mention that C's lease is up in April )? And hoping my kiddo gets a little...
January Thread!
It's the New Year! Time for making goals and looking ahead to healthy living in 2014! New visitors to the Dingo Thread may ask, "but, what is a Dingo?" Dingoes are mamas (defined loosely, when needed) who run, walk, cycle, tri, and participate in whatever sport they need to sustain their awesome mama selves in lives that are definitely dynamic. Sometimes, a Dingo is injured, or life takes a turn, and she has to take a break from her chosen sport. Whether active or...
geo~According to this, it looks like anyone can see posts on the news feed because it's a closed group, not a secret group. It looks like Paige is the admin, and I would be totally down with switching the setting to being a secret group, if possible. nic~I like your doctor! jo~Sorry about DH... sparkle~The ice cream looks delicious! I, for one, do not speak Russian, but I never mind listening to it. I have (semi)successfully completed my first two days of ironman...
Mulled wine...or just plain old mulling spices simmered in some water on the stove. I like the applesauce idea, though. I have a bowl of the cinnamon-scented pinecones on my dining room table and they usually last for at least a month (although this year's bag seems to be a bit of a dud ). Work was pretty uneventful Friday and Saturday nights. C and I skied yesterday, with me coming off night shift. I really felt surprisingly good until late afternoon, and it was a nice...
real~ Ugh. I know how you dread these visits. Hopefully the remainder of your trip is low stress for you. I'm back in Colorado and back at work tonight. Woohoo! The rest of our visit was nice, nothing too exciting. I did get another run in on Christmas Eve, but that was it for rr. Christmas day was nice, DS got a TON of legos (as in 1500+ pieces!) and we had a nice family day. My parents seemed to like C, although my mom was pulling her usual negative nancy routine...
jaygee~I'm sorry for your loss. Jake It's been very busy with not much internet time, and especially not much internet time in which to sit and type up a post. Last week was a whirlwind of work and trying to get around to head out of town. My Christmas cards came in at the last possible minute on Thursday, but I somehow managed to get them addressed at work Thursday night and get them in the mail before we left town. Work was all over the place...I had a beautiful...
Yeah, I kind of neglected to mention that, didn't I? Well, it was kind of a combination of things. The big one being that buying plane tickets (round-trip for me, one-way for DS) was going to cost almost $1000, and I can't really afford that. But, I can't really drive across the country by myself, either, especially with a small person in the car. Soooo...he offered to go with, I wasn't sure if he was serious, so I made it clear that I would love for him to come but...