or Connect

Posts by homeschoolingmama

So I just got the Vitamix and I am starting to put Whey Protein into it.  Is this ok for children?  What is is made of?  I read the ingredients but I wasn't sure.  What is the best kind to buy nutrition wise?  I have heard that it is good for you but I guess I should have researched more before I bought it.  We have only used it the once.  Anything you can tell me would be wonderful!
I don't have experience putting them in school but I do homeschool and I have a 6yo son who has ADHD and has high-functioning Autism.  You wouldn't be able to tell but he does some things that stand out and he has a hard time with social situations like reading cues.  I wouldn't put my son into school because he would be eaten alive.  I know he would.  I don't know all of your daughter's quirks so it could be completely different.  Is there other homeschooling families...
Mmmmm those sound good.  I found out what I did wrong with the soup.  I didn't steam the broccoli before I made it.  It makes it a lot stronger. I tried out the Orange, Blueberry and Banana smoothie yesterday and it was good.   I tried to make bread yesterday and it was terrible.  It wasn't the Vitamix's fault though.  I used Buckwheat flour that I made in it and even the smell of the flour set me off.  I also used yeast that was expired by a year and half.  It...
So I have been feeling for a while lately like we aren't doing enough.  Especially through the winter months.  It is feeling much better now that they are out running around and catching bugs, digging in the mud, watching birds... It is so easy in the warm weather to teach about new things.  This winter was so mild but yucky.  It was wet and cold all winter long.  I have decided within the last couple of days that I want to do more school stuff with them but only stuff...
I just got it yesterday and it isn't impressing me yet. :(  What am I doing wrong?  I tried making the broccoli soup and the flavor of the broccoli was VERY strong.  Way too strong.  I also tried making the cold coffee drink and it tasted very strong as well.  Is this normal?  Should I just be putting less of the dominant ingredient?  Do you find your recipes overly strong? What recipes do you suggest?  I want to make this something we will use everyday but it hasn't...
We do edible things mostly but things like cheese string, yogurt in their own containers.  They very rarely get individual things so it is a real treat.     We also get them rubber boots and use them as the basket.  We usually get them their Easter outfits too.  They love tights so they get some of those.  Elastics...things like that.
http://www.shomeiscool.blogspot.com   This is our family blog.  It is all about homeschooling/unschooling and about our family.    Off to peek at a few of the blogs posted here. :)
There is also a few posts up of a graphic video of a baby screaming.  I don't think it is an appropriate place to put it.  The mothers are sharing their regrets.  It would be horrible to be opening up and sharing their regrets and coming across a post about a screaming baby.  I think it would be better suited not in this one post but as a separate post.
-strew. Infrequent or regularly? I don't lay things out around the house but I do get books from the library for them.  We have a library basket for them to choose from.    -have curriculum or textbooks in the house?  Few or many? We have textbooks but just for them if they want them.  We have Right Start Math and they love it.  If they didn't I would find another way to have them understand the concepts.  We have gone through Sonlight and have many of their...
This post makes me want to cry. :( It makes me feel sick thinking of people spending that much on a bottle of wine or a bunch of money on a tiny bit of food when people are starving around the world.  It just doesn't make sense that people have HUGE houses for status but people are dying from poor drinking water and starvation.  I bet those children who are picking eggshells from garbage cans to lick would run through a restaurant and devour whatever they could and not...