or Connect

Posts by homeschoolingmama

My 7yo son was a late talker.  We had him in a program and they taught us parents how to work with them.  Basically saying the word for everything instead of just getting them down out of the highchair with a grunt.  I would like her to say down (da, de...whatever) before I get her down.  She doesn't do it yet.  I think she did once.  Oh sorry, my 19 month old isn't talking yet either.  She understands very well though.  Before you give their snack you can say a key word...
Good to know.  I tend to let things spill out.  I am definitely a talker! lol  (Oh and I wasn't the one with the Chron's.)     Thank you for the advice.  I probably needed to hear that.
The visit today make me feel more insecure.  I told her that I have spanked in the past (over a yr ago) and that I had apologized if it happened and I knew I was wrong.  She said that that is very black and white and if we believe in spanking than we can't adopt through them.  We don't believe in it but it sure made me feel like a horrible parent.  I know that we are good parents and our children are very happy, well rounded kids but it is still hard.  So now we fill out...
The worker is coming today to get to know us.  Wish us luck! :)   (I sure hope they don't have a problem with Chron's Mountainmama. <3
Once when I was working in a nursing home someone had a little bird. I was taking care of the patient and I walked over to the cage.  It wasn't acting strangely but I said...It is ok to go.  I know you are sick and if you need to die, go and be comfortable.  I forgot about it and later that day I overheard another worker say... Oh isn't that sad?  So and so's bird died.  That came out of left field!   I had never called my great grandma before.  I was young.  I all...
Oh we would like this!  I am confused. Who do I send our address and kids names to?
Our children are 10, 8, 7, 5, 4 and 1. We would like to adopt a baby/child 6 and under.  We are open to adopting a child with a disability so that is a definite possibility.  We will adopting locally.  I look at my children and how happy they are and I would love to give that to another child that may not have that.  Thank you for asking.
Hello :) We are just starting our process.  We have a worker coming out next week to get to know us.  I really wish we could adopt now but we have a smaller house with 6 children so we are waiting to sell our house to move into the new one.  I think we will be doing the classes in the spring.  All my life I have wanted to adopt.  My husband is looking forward to it as well.  I can't wait to add to our family and give a child a fun life.  I am an impatient person so I...
I have friends who work full time.  It is doable.   My parents were nervous about us homeschooling.  By the time I told them we had already made the decision.  I spoke to enough people and did enough research before I talked to them.  Now my mom is a huge advocate and my dad is good with it.  It is funny how they turn around when they see how your children are turning out.  Even if she isn't thrilled in the beginning, they usually come around.   Your children are...
I really like the Charlotte Mason approach.     We use Right Start for Math.  That is the only curriculum  we use.  We read A LOT.  A lot of good living books.  Good classics.  We do most of our subjects by reading good books.